or Connect

Posts by African Tulip

I'm hoping someone here can give me some help on these two curricula. I've looked through Reason 4 Science but only for gr. 1 and need info on the older grades (4 and up specifically). I like what I saw with this program but because it's a Christian program I'm interested about in how this program approaches evolution. I have no problems introducing creationism but want a program that is not biased when it comes to evolution. I would like the facts of both and then...
I'm going to do a list with toys my kids love and some that were a total bust. Here's the things they play with now DS11 board games and cards chess cars lego any platform or computer type game webkinz golf baseball skiing DS9 lego, lego, lego, lego and more lego geo-trax train set art supplies plasticine and playdoh dress up marble runs bike soccer skates (inline and ice) sleds snowboarding DD6 barbies poly pockets dress up (purses, cell phones the...
I think that learning to write in cursive is important. There are times when it's needed (signing your name) and it does make writing things down quicker. My DH is a printer/crusive hybrid writer and it takes him way longer to put something on paper than I do. Both my boys are doing the "handwritting without tears" program and loving it. My oldest (11yrs) just finished learning how to make all his letters so we are now practicing it by doing copy work. In just the...
My DD is headed to Gr. 1 this year, much to my wants for her. I've home schooled my kids for 5 yrs with this fall the start of yr 6. Oldest went to pre-school and K, younger DS went to pre-school for a few month, and DD has never been in school. Unfortunately that is all she has talked about since she was 4. Even though she knows that we do so many things that she won't be able to do (weekly home school ski lesson the big one) she still wants to go to school. I have a...
double post, not sure what happened there.
I agree with Nolan's Mom, if you can send things you want to keep, via mail then come moving day you won't have as much to put into the car. I totally know how crazy it can be though. I'm in the process of trying to declutter so I can list and sell our house so that we can move to where DH has been for the last 2mths. I also run a daycare from my home. I have found that getting rid of large furniture first has helped to see the hidden clutter. Also, if you have a...
I have a friend who just had a 29wker and I'm looking for the best wrap for wearing a preemie. He's very strong (just got off the ventilator only 12hrs old) but will be in hospital for a while. My friend has 12 other kids so something she can use easily would be great. TIA
We've had everything from just 1 bathroom to up to 3 full bathrooms. I found that having 3 full bathrooms was over kill. They never got used. The last house we lived in had 2 full bathrooms and even that was too much for our family of 5. It was nice because when we had guests they did have their own bathroom to use but in the 2 yrs that we lived there we had over night guests 3 times. We lived in a couple of houses that had a full bath upstairs with the bedrooms and a...
Way to go momtoS!!!! Keep rolling. Okay, so 2hrs later and I've done: ~DS1 is finished his school work ~I emptied the dishwasher and re-filled ~I washed the rest of the dishes and put them away ~put everything on the counters away and washed them ~made lunch for the kids and cleaned up after wards ~put laundry in dryer (and found out I didn't start the dryer) ~put on a new load into the washer ~took picture of the kitchen (clean side and very, very messy side) Now to...
I'm totally in on this. So, need something to keep me motivated. So far today I have done the following: ~Got DD's school lessons done ~Got DS2 school lessons done ~DS1 is almost done his lessons ~I have a load of laundry in the washing machine ready to go into the dryer What I need to get done today: ~fold and put away about 6-7 loads of laundry ~empty dishwasher, re-load dishwasher, empty, re-load,.... ~continue working on my March challenge (de-clutter whole house...