or Connect

Posts by Terabith

Also, my oldest (almost 7) has a seated shoulder height of 16.5 inches, and my 5 1/3 yr old has a shoulder height of 15 inches.
She hasn't QUITE outgrown the Marthon. The tops of her shoulders are about an eighth of an inch below the straps, and her ears don't quite reach the top of the seat. I think a high back booster is probably the best option for her, too. My younger child is ultra, ULTRA safety conscious and is terrified of any possible danger. She sits VERY well in the booster with Grandma. However, I think a five point is probably the best for her. However..... She's a...
My car seats are expiring, so I need to buy new ones. (Gulp) My oldest will be seven in November. She's been in the Marathon. She weighs 47 lbs and is 47 inches tall. We've had her in a backless booster for occassional trips with Grandma for a year, and she does fine, but I don't know if it is okay to put her in a backless booster full time? Is it? My youngest is 5 1/3. (She's into the exactness of the world.) She weighs 37 lbs and is about 44 inches. ...
That's appalling!!!!! Why on earth would people do something like that??? I'm so sorry you guys are dealing with that massive hassle!
I don't feel good. Last Sunday (so five or six days ago) I got sick with some kind of I-guess-it's-not-flu-because-it's-June thing. Fever of 102, chills, body aches, massive exhaustion. I'm gradually getting better, but.....blech. I still don't feel good. I was feeling pretty good yesterday, went out to dinner with my husband, and after about an hour of being "up" in this pathetic way, I started feeling bad again. Last few days I start out okay in the morning, but I...
I've had some sort of summer flu bug: fever (up to 102.4), achiness, exhaustion, just feeling crummy since Sunday. The first day or two I pretty much just felt miserable and slept, but I've been feeling better. Today I feel fine, other than still being tired and weak. I'm dragging a bit, but I feel fine. But, both yesterday and today around 3 pm I have gotten that "fevery feeling" and when I checked, it's been about 100.5. But, I feel okay. I'm just wondering what...
Most precocious puberty is idiopathic, meaning they don't know what is causing it. I had it as a kid, and at four, it is unlikely to be related to any particular enviornmental cause. Things like hormones in meat and milk, etc, are certainly likely culprits in the general lowering of puberty age, at such a young age it is unlikely to be related. They will do an xray of her hands to see what her approximate "bone age" is. The hands work well for this test because the...
THANK YOU!!!! I've been so worried about this. Don't know if it will happen or not, but we may wind up with a more or less trade. We have a Corolla and they want a car; we could use a minivan, and they have one they don't need/ want. Same year and all. I feel much better about the life expectancy after hearing this though. Thank you.
We are looking at buying a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan from a friend. We know it has been well cared for, but we've never had a minivan before. We're just at a point now where I'm doing enough babysitting that it would be very handy. It has 74,000 miles. What I'm wondering about is how reliable they are? What is their average "life expectancy?" We would be paying about $5-6,000. I just don't want to buy it if it is likely to die at 100,000 miles or something. Thanks!
Add my vote for an Early Childhood forum. I think that would also make people with older children feel more comfortable posting about their school aged (esp older elementary kids) in Childhood Years.