or Connect

Posts by Twocoolboys

Thanks,  Mirzam.  I'm getting that for him for sure!  I think he'll like it, I know he hasn't read it and it'll expand his reading horizons a bit. 
Thank you both!    I'm going to check to see if he's read The Wizard of Earthsea and the Kevin Crossley-Holland trilogoy.    He has read Tolkien, so he can read pretty sophisticated stuff, if he enjoys it.  I was also thinking about The Sword of Truth books, but I'm not familiar with them.  Any feedback on those? 
My son reads a lot and he loves getting books as gifts. However, I'm drawing a blank on ideas for books for Christmas. He loves fantasy and has read Harry Potter, The Lightening Thief series, Artemis Fowl and many others. I would like to maybe get him something outside of his usual genre - expand his horizons a bit, but I'm not sure what to get.  Any ideas?  And, if there are any great fantasy series you know of, I'd take those ideas too. 
I also wanted to add that he doesn't seem to cough when he's running around outside playing.  The more I can get him outdoors, the less he seems to cough. I don't know if that means it's an indoor allergen or what, but it helps.
I couldn't read and not post.  My oldest son has a persistent dry cough as well.  He first had it when he was 7 and it lasted for about 6 months. It followed a hard cold. He was on singulair for a bit too, but it didn't work. I took him off of it and his cough went away a few months later in the summertime.    This summer (he's 11 now), he had walking pneumonia in the beginning of August. He had a round of antibiotics for that, but the cough persisted. It turned from...
I've been blogging about decluttering and cleaning up the clutter for almost two years. I've got three boys, so this is an issue that I've talked about on my blog several times. It's been a process to get to a point where my boys are helping to clean. Here's what I've found works: Decrease the number of toys that are available. If he can't pick up all the Legos that he's dumped, then maybe there are too many Legos in that bin. I'm working right now on trying to find the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Theoretica 1. Definitely ask for a copy of this $900 estimate, then ask for two more...one to be done at a repair shop of your choosing. 2. I agree that the scooter shouldn't necessarily be gone, but if it is then the $$ goes towards the repairs. 3. Get pictures ASAP, and I wouldn't hand over ANY money until there's an agreement IN WRITING between you and they that details how much is being paid, how often, and exactly...
Quote: Originally Posted by 2cutiekitties Did she actually blame your kids or was she just venting? Did you take pictures of the truck? TBH, I wouldnt make my kid pay. 11 yr olds should not be unsupervised on a motorized scooter period. And letting the friends on it.....um yikes, do you realize if someone got hurt the financial hell you would be in? I am not trying to be harsh, but it is your scooter and you are responsible. Glad it is out of...
So, we've got new neighbors. They've been there for about 2 months. They're a young couple, with no kids. They park their truck on the street. Today, my 11-year-old and his friends were riding our motorized scooter (very low speed) around. My 11-year-old lost control and hit the truck. :-( He apologized to the guy, who was home at the time. The guy said that it was alright and was very nice about it. Fast forward a few hours and the woman is home. They come over...
Suite101, Associated Content, Demand Studios, Constant Content, Break Studios There are more. Maybe others will add to the list.