or Connect

Posts by Twocoolboys

Ok, I had 3 great guest bloggers on my blog this past week, thanks to MDC! This coming week, I'm trying something new. I wrote a blog post called "50 Best Decluttering & Cleaning Tips by Blogging Moms". It's kind of like a blog carnival, but I've chosen the topics. How it works is you read the list and see if you are interested in blogging about one topic. Contact me, either by leaving a comment on the blog, e-mailing me (link on blog) or pm'ing me here. I'll let...
It seems a bit weird to me, but there are other ways a blog can make money. Is it tied in with an on-line store? Does the blog owner ask for donations? I would guess that it isn't the only on-line venture that this person has and maybe they use it to drive traffic to another blog or site. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Give it a go and hope for the best. If they don't follow through on paying you, you can just back out.
Thanks! I sent you a pm.
I'm looking for a few guest bloggers for my blog. I'm kind of at a slow point where I'm a bit bored with my topic, but I want to keep my blog going and want to update it more frequently. I sure wish we still had the mother's writing group because it seems strange to post this here. Anyway, if you are a blogger and want to write a blog entry for my blog, please pm me. My blog has a decluttering/cleaning theme, so I'd like posts to stick with that theme. I also like...
My guess is corn.
My sister has trigeminal neuralgia and is on anti-seizure meds to control it. She did not have it while pregnant, though. Her youngest was 8 when it appeared. It's an awful condition - so sorry that your sister has to deal with it while pg. I can't imagine how bad it must be for her right now. We've not heard of anything natural to control it. My sister couldn't eat, drink or brush her teeth before she had a diagnosis and was put on the correct meds. Pain killers...
Thanks! Yes, someone contacted me to put an ad on my blog. It all worked out. When I got back to her to let her know that it was ok with Blogher, she told me exactly what she had in mind, sent me the code and it's already up and running. I checked out problogger and I'm going to look into that a bit more. Looks like there's lots of helpful info there. I feel inspired to put a block of 125x125 ads in the sidebar! I'm thrilled I've actually made a bit of money off...
I got an e-mail from someone who wants to put an ad on my blog. I checked out their website and I think it's a good fit with my blog. But, I don't have any idea how to go about this. I currently have BlogHer ads, but know that I can have additional ads as long as they are below the fold. Other than that, I'm clueless about pricing, contracts and anything else that may or may not be involved. Can someone that's been there give me some pointers? Thanks!
Hmm...I'm not sure if you can opt out with Google. But, I use BlogHer and I can opt out with them. I also do better as far as earnings go with BlogHer than I did when I used adsense. BlogHer was running an ad on my blog a few months ago that I was opposed to. I e-mailed them and it was gone in a few hours.
Mamja - I've never made that much money, either. However, I think I've finally started to have an increase in earnings. I used to be the parenting methods feature writer. I wrote over 70 parenting articles and, lets just say, they are NOT revenue earners - lol! I was really bummed about it, so I printed my list of articles and counted each type. I have several holiday articles in addition to the parenting ones and the rest (less than 20) were on various topics. I...