or Connect

Posts by Twocoolboys

My oldest became picky at around age 5, when he started kindergarten. He's 10 now and finally outgrowing it. My current 5 year old in kindergarten has always tried anything we gave him and still does. I hope he stays that way!
I asked both my 5 and 10 year old boys if they'd be ok seeing Hannah Montana at a party and they both said "No Way!" lol Lots of good suggestions above. I would probably go with a Pixar movie or maybe Night at the Museum.
Quote: Originally Posted by elizawill lastly, i know your daughter is only 2, but imo, your son should know that you recognize your dd's behavior wasn't nice to him. she's only a toddler of course, but your 5 year old should know that you understand dd shouldn't have body blocked him from looking in the fridge. certainly there is enough room that they both could have looked at the same time. in his eyes, your dd was not being kind, and yet, he was the...
I've got some previous experience with a similar issue. My now 5 yr old ds has had a few behaviors like this. First, he started peeing very frequently, like every five minutes back when he was 4. It went on long enough that I took him to the dr. They tested him for a couple of things, told me everything was fine and sent us home. Then, I made sure not to say anything to him about it at all. He got ZERO attention for it. If we were out and he said he had to pee, I...
I wasn't trying to make you feel attacked and I knew you wanted reasurrance from the title of your post. I can honestly say that I probably was in your position - several times - lol. But, not with my 3rd. With my first and second, it took me a while to get to the point where I learned what works and what doesn't at things like this. Like I said, I'm much more matter of fact in my parenting style now. I know what to expect from a toddler, how to redirect/distract...
I've got a 20 month old, too. However, he's my third, so this time, I much more matter-of-fact in my parenting style. I'm guessing that some of your ds's behavior was because you weren't really setting firm boundries. My boys do much better when they know exactly what is expected. At 20 months old, there still needs to be A LOT of physical redirection. Tell him to stop throwing sand once. If he does it again, pick him up. Don't wait until the tenth time or...
Count me in! I've been slacking a bit on blogging over the summer, but am starting to get back into it a bit more.
If this were happening in my house right now I would offer to help my ds empty the dishwasher for today. Offering to help usually gets my two older kids to pitch in a do it with me. If it didn't work, I'd try to make it a game. Like, maybe put some music on and suggest we see if we can get it done together before one song ended. I really want my boys to learn that chores don't have to be a big deal and that they don't have to take long. I would continue to withhold...
Quote: Originally Posted by SweetPotato My dd has a nasty looking mole that has appeared on her scalp. I'm freaking out inside. It is probably going to need to be removed and tested- has anyone dealt with this with very young kids? My dd is extremely shy with new adults and I'm worried about the logistics of having her still enough for the removal of the mole without having her completely traumitized by the experience. Any ideas would be...
I do want to add that, with our grandmother, talking to her does not work. She is what she is and will not change. It sounds like your mother might be similar, since you already tried talking to no avail. I ignore my husband's grandmother and, when I get really frustrated, I stop taking the kids there to visit for a bit. I think she sometimes gets it when I do that because she will back off for a bit.