or Connect

Posts by tash11

I don't come on MDC much because I don't like the forum format (mostly the spell check messes with my spell check). Mine just turned 9 months and is crawling like an inchworm. She loves to stand and make raspberries, sometimes with the back of her tounge (I have no idea how she does that). She is very good with solids but is allergic to dairy so neither of us is having any of that now. She is sorta trying to pull up but loves to just stand and stand with us making sure...
nak my oldest nursed through my pregnancy with her brother. she was older though, turned 3 a month before he was born. he nursed until I was 11 or so weeks pregnant with my youngest but he was 3 and it was starting to hurt me a lot (didnt hurt the first time).   even if you have to supplement you can still bf before the formula and for boo-boos/bedtime etc.
my daughter was a constant nurser when she was small, both for food and comfort. the only thing that would sort of work was laying down nursing and then do the pinky pull off thing (although I rarely used my pinky, usually pointer or thumb) and then carefully rolling off the bed. Sometimes she would wake up in 10 minutes. She just wasn't much of a sleeper back then. Now her super loud alarm wakes me up from across the house but I still have to go in and wake her up. :lol:
looking around I found this recipe: http://koreanfood.about.com/od/snacksanddesserts/r/Korean-Sesame-Candies-Kang-Jung.htm a simple sub would be molasses instead of honey (more iron) or you could try:   2.5 cups sesame seeds (regular or black) ½ cup ground flax ½ cup fenugreek seeds 1.5 cup sugar 1 1/8 cups water 1/2 cup molasses Preparation: In a large skillet, roast sesame seeds over low heat until they start to pop. They should become fragrant...
I don't know of any lactation cookie recipe that does not use oats. BUT I love making up recipes and I might be able rework something for you if you like. Besides galacs what do you like in a cookie?
I would think that one side would affect fertility the same as two sides, the only thing that might make a difference is if that one side couldn't keep up with demand and they go to more solids sooner then otherwise. But even with one side I think it would be the amount of non-milk (solids/formula) that would affect fertility, not the number of sides. I hope that makes sense...
I have been experimenting with a no-bake lactation cookie recipe. It is stickier then regular no-bake cookies, but it's kinda addictive.... Here is what I have right now:   ¾ cup whole milk (can prolly sub any alternative milk, almond or oat would prolly be better anyway) ¾ cup sugar (white or brown, this helps it set) ½ cup blackstrap molasses ½  teaspoon vanilla extract (optional) ½ cup sesame tahini (can sub almond butter or peanut butter, almond butter is...
  My dad made egg noodles with butter. I liked them with black pepper. He actually made much healthier stuff then my mom. Actually buttered noodles are still yummy, just not healthy so I don't make them much (maybe once a year or less).   My mom made white rice and hamburger. The hamburger was plain ground chuck just broken up and cooked (read: burnt) in a pan. It stemmed from me being on an allergy diet and her not knowing how to cook.   For a while when I was younger I...
Maybe 'high risk' is just your drs shorthand for 'kind of a  bitch' (I don't mean bitch in a bad way, just that you were going against what she was recommending with drugs, and actually asked questions, etc). I have gotten that at more then one drs office ;)   I would say interview with both CPMs, and go interview another OB. Most CPMs like a 'backup' OB jic, and for things they can't do (like ultrasounds and blood work). fwiw I haven't ever had an OB, they just...
Python is awesome. I used to have one that I actually used for my fish. You could also use it to drain the tub, especially if you are going to drain it into the yard (doesn't work as well for the sink unless the tub is upstairs and you can reach the downstairs train).   You could also look into a water bed filling hose, I know some people use them for fish tanks. Also with either that or the python you will probably need an adapter for your sink. Also the adapters...