or Connect

Posts by angie6

Thank you both for your suggestions. I have Lactation Consultant training and have been helping moms for close to 8 years but have never heard of or encountered anything similar to my situation. I had never heard of the condition untell recently when I purchased a new Breastfeeding book for proffessionals. When I showed it to my Family Doc he agreed that this was indeed what it was but other then letting time tell if it would go away or surgery he had no other...
Has anyone suffered from extreme excess breast tissue in the armpit area? If so what treatment if any did you receive and where? I have a condition known as Hyperadenia. It is basically extra breast tissue in the armpit that is glandular and has areas of trapped milk (even after almost two years of weaning). It is very knotty and extremly tender. The right side is very large, the left not very noticable. I can not find anyone that knows anything about this. I have...
I used to go to the Nurse Midwives of Indianapolis for my pregnancy and births but now that they have switched hands my insurance has changed and does not cover the birth center. I am having menstrul cycle issues and need to meet with an OB/GYN but want one with a laid back natural approach instead of someone that will want to instantly start with invasive unneccessary procedures. Instead of having my family doc just find me someone I want to find my own and assure I get...
It is so great to hear from other nursing moms of twins! keep up the good work. I won't lie it was tough the first few months but then it became so much easier. Finally at 3 years of age it has gotten so much easier! It is so important to actually get the E-Z-2 Nurse pillow. Seriously I tried several and they were terrible! I doubt if getting it at this point would be worth the money, especially if you have figured out another way that works for you. I too was...
Glad to hear you are hanging in there with the nursing. It is so tough with multiples in general and nursing for me was a big struggle for the first few months. I just stuck with it and made sure we nursed every 2 hours. Sadly the rest of my family was put on the back burner most of the time but there was not other way to do it all. I nursed with the pillow for most of the first year and then my twins were so big I couldn't use it any longer (they were 7lbs 14oz and...
First of all try to get her to look into Dr. Thomas Brewer's blue ribbion baby diet. It worked for me and my twins were born 39 weeks 5 days and weighed 7 lbs 14 oz and 7lbs 15 oz. Next I sell in my newly opened homebased breastfeeding business the EZ-2 Nurse breastfeeding pillow. If she chooses to bottle feed it works fine for that too. I could not have nursed without this pillow!!!! They sell for $56 + shipping. I also sell the Medela breastpumps and...
I am a LC and just opened my own home-based business and quit my corporate job of 12 years to stay home with my 6 children. I have been nursing for the last 15 years of my life and just weaned my 3 year old b/g twins! I have been there and experinced most of what you all are feeling and would love to help any way I can. Please feel free to email me for breastfeeding advice, questions, etc. or just for an ear to listen and sound off ideas! I also wanted to let...
The best hand pump out there in my opinion is the new Harmony pump by Medela! I liked it so much I now carry it in my home-based business LC shop. It is designed to not wear out a mom's hands when using it and allows a much quicker let-down and faster milk flow. It mimics baby better then any other manual pump out there! I carry them for $45 + shipping along with a full line of other medela breastpumps and accessories! Let me know if you are interested! I can...
I am a LC and mom of 6 breastfed kids. I have been nursing for the last 15 years of my life. I too produced far more out of one breast then the other and it is very normal! The more you pump and th emore the baby grows and asks the body to produce more milk the more milk will come. I worked full-time with my first 4 children and started out getting small amounts and then ended up producing 2 eight ounce bottles on each side. Just make sure you are pumping every 3...
This is what I inform moms to follow andis the same as on Medela's web page! SOme of my clients have great results, others nothing! remeber if you are stressed and consumed by what you are pumping it will effect your milk let-down. Learn to focus on ways to stay relaxed and allow a great let-down. I tell clients to start pumping 2 - 3 weeks before going back to work to build up a great supply and to have extra milk in the freezer! This way too you will be more...