or Connect

Posts by heathermarie73

This is what developed after a long hitting and biting period So at first I was happy about it, but it has gone on so long now I just couldn't figure out how to turn it around. Thanks for the suggestions I'll try that.
my 3.5 year old gets mad and says "I want to (hit, bite, boot, kick, pull Mommy's hair) Mommy" Maybe I am overreacting to it? What do you think? It is REALLY bothering me. Making me miserable
puddle I cant seem to find any post about how you worked with her on learning not to hit or what was going on. Can you help me. I have been trying for a while to get my DS to stop hitting and he has actually started biting now. I asked the pedi for advise and she just lectured me on how I need to take control or I wont have any control over him. It made me feel horrible. He is 3.5 this started around when his baby sister was born. I thought it was getting better but...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cavy "Oh do you really? That's nice. I'd like a new car, myself and all day in bed on Sundays." Treat her comments like a conversation -- if she wants something she needs to ask for it nicely & properly. If she gets upset that you seem to be ignoring her desires, point out (nicely) that she never asked you 4 anything, she merely stated her desire. DC demand a lot of attention from me when I sit still, too -- was ever...
Quote: Originally Posted by Krystal323 i vividly remember asking for my first bra, and my mother laughing hysterically because i "didn't need one". i don't know how old i was then, but that was not cool OMG this is exactly what happened to me. Added to my Mom being large chested and me being very small. I was devestated and mortified and I was all ready self concious about not having developed as much as other girls. It still makes me cringe to...
I actually applaud the way you have dealt with this. I am basically in the 18/19 year olds shoes. All situations are different but my dad moved on and had another family with two other children and broke contact when I was 5 and my sister was 3. It took a long time to work through this situation, but when I was 23 or so I finally tried to make contact with my dad. I actually met him. It definately wasnt like all of those sobbing hugs and tears you see on tv. I lost...
Please don't let her get attached to a binky for both of your sakes. It took me until 3+ years to unattach my first from a binky (after many unsucessful attempts). My second never had one ( I wouldn't give it to her) and is very happy without it. If I could have done it again I would have never given my first a binky or taken it away before a year. It caused a lot of bf problems especially around 8 months and on. It really isn't worth the headache and I would love to...
Just wanted to say that my son is rough too at 3. He never hit at a young age, but his cousins hit him. Now my IL can't understand why he is hitting. My MIL went so far as to say that if I didn't spank him he would grow into a teenager that would abuse me. I understand what you are going through with trying everything. I hope someone else has some ideas. But I wanted to send a hug because I know it is tough to deal with.
My son (3yrs) is as everyone would put it a delight accept during those times. He is a hitter when he gets mad/frustrated. I have been trying to explain to him that he is mad/ upset/ frustrated. I tell him we don't hit in this house. But the tantrums can at times be so bad. My 1 year old dd cries because she seems worried about him. He won't let me hold him, won't stay anywhere to calm down. Please help me. Sometimes I just really want to hit him back, but I am so...
Quote: Originally Posted by momma_unlimited DiasMumma- I am loving them! I have opened myself up to my 2 yr old in a way that I no longer choose to perceive him as defiant, stubborn, or anything negative- he is, developmentally, having a very difficult time integrating the wild world of emotions and thought in his very small, very inexperienced body! How frustrated would I be if I were so small and all the bigger people around me seemed to control so...