or Connect

Posts by uncertain

To this I will add, I don't care that you are sooo tired from traveling for work.  Even sitting in an airport waiting room sounds like the most luxurious vacation right about now so stop telling me that you are *so sick* of eating restaurant food and having to work nights while on the road.  Really.  Because I am *this* close to gouging out your eyeballs because today in Target I had three children who had to poo simultaneously and that SUCKED.
SHUT THE EFF UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I MEAN IT.  SHUUUUUUTTTTTT UUUUUPPPPPP!!!!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN TALKING TO ME NON STOP FOR SIXTEEN FREAKING HOURS, I NEED YOU TO JUST. STOP. TALKING!!!!!!!  AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP CRYING TOO.  I DON'T EVEN CARE ANYMORE WHY YOU ARE CRYING BECAUSE IF THE LONGEST YOU CAN GO WITHOUT CRYING IS 25 SECONDS THEN IT IS OFFICIALLY YOUR PROBLEM NOT MINE!!!!!!!!   Much better, thank you.  
Oh, and I can't just let her stay downstairs until she falls asleep.  Reason A, I truly believe she actually would not ever fall asleep.  Maybe by 4am or so?  Possibly, but at this point I really believe she just wouldn't.  She would just spin around and around and around and spill more stuff and make more mess.  Reason B, I can't let her ruin DS's sleep too, especially since we have to get up by 7am at the latest to make sure he gets to school on time.  This is driving...
Sigh.  Thank you so much for the support.  It helps to know that I'm not the only one going through this.  I wish something would help, but nothing is helping at all and I'm growing so angry and frustrated and I'm beyond tired and I'm turning into super mean mommy.  She's not cognitively advanced enough yet to understand things like "I'm going to leave then come back and check on you in 5 minutes", or "if you get out of bed one more bleep bleep bleepity bleeping time,...
I'm about to lose it.  Please please help!!  My DD is almost 3 years old.  She won't stay in bed at bedtime.  At all. No matter how many times I walk her back to bed and tuck her back in.  She can be falling asleep downstairs but as soon as she goes up to bed, I lie with her for an hour but then I HAVE to get up, I HAVE to get some things done around here.  She won't stop talking, it's like she's recharged the second she gets in bed.  She has a favorite doll, a favorite...
Unfortunately, pertussis is "cold-like" for one to two weeks before the distinctive cough shows up, so any of us would be contagious for a long time before we knew it was actually pertussis.  Reading more about transmission by even vaccinated individuals, it seems that vaccinated or not, pertussis is one that can be transmitted without the carrier having symptoms.  So, I'm now thinking that dosing with antibiotics if anything "cold-like" shows up around birthing...
Thank you so much for your reply.  Reading some more in the archives here, I see that I misunderstood about the "transmission" - I originally thought that meant physically carrying the bacteria on the body (like on the clothes and hands), but now I see that it's inside the body, as you say.  This definitely changes things.  I'm not opposed to doing the antibiotics if any of us has a swab that confirms pertussis, to prevent transmission to a newborn.  Probably I wouldn't...
Hi everyone,   I'm looking for opinions on our current situation.  We've just received a notice of a confirmed case of pertussis at DS's school (I have an email in to ask what grade it's in, but not sure if they're allowed to tell me that level of detail; it's a small school, less than 100 kids).  DS is newly-6 years old, and had the DTap at 4 months old and at 6 months old, and no further vaccines after those two.  My DH remembers him as being a "ghost" after those...
Quote: Originally Posted by hopefulfaith I have tea. If you drop by, you can expect me to plop down on my couch in the middle of my messy living room and sit and have a cup of tea with you. You could never expect me to have frozen cookie dough, for instance, that I could bake on a whim. I tried it once, and then at 11pm, after a looong day with two babies...you know I ate it all raw, straight from the freezer, after everyone else was asleep. ...
DS was 2 months shy of 4 years old before he went to preschool. 2.5 yrs is way too young, IMO!