or Connect

Posts by uncertain

Thank you so much for your replies. I'm doing lots of reading on the main vax forum, you guys are so informative, I wish that I knew you IRL!
Hello, So, I read the list where it says that "subbing" means to subscribe to a particular thread or forum, but what does that mean, I can't figure it out?? I see in "Quick Links" that you can go to your subscribed threads, but what does it mean to subscribe to one and where do you do that? Sorry if the answer to this is obvious!! TIA
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna Really there are very few studies done on vaccine safety at all, so this is no different. -Angela Very good point!! Sigh, this is a tough decision :
The dr. said that the various DTaP vaxes are interchangeable, and that they don't ever know which stock (manufacturer) the state is going to supply them with, that they are always changing, and that they haven't worried about that. Still, it concerns me from the standpoint of no studies have been done at all (says this also on the package insert), on whether or not kids will produce the desired immune response if not given the same type of shot each time. I will...
I was just reading about this on a CDC site (http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/00048610.htm) "Whenever feasible, the same brand of DTaP vaccine should be used for all doses of the vaccination series. Data do not exist regarding the safety, immunogenicity, and efficacy of using DTaP vaccines from different manufacturers for successive doses of the primary or booster vaccination series. However, the vaccine provider may not know or may not have available the type...
Please, can someone set me up with a link that gives information on virus shedding from kids who have recently been given a live virus vaccine? I'm confused about this - does this mean that somone could catch actual measles for example, (is it full blown measles, or a weakened version???), and also, I'm wondering how does the shedding actually occur, is it in feces only? or saliva, etc? Is it easy to catch, or does the kid have to do something like poop on their hand...
Thank you!!!!!
Another vote for mostly plain water with a washcloth. If he's got real dirt on him or has been wearing sunscreen that day, I use the Avalon Organics baby bar soap, it's very mild (though does sting if it gets in eyes) and I like the smell too. It's only been in the last month that we've started using soap, though. My DS is 9 mo and I've only ever washed his hair 4 or so times, and for that I just used Aubrey Organics chamomile shampoo (what I use myself). Otherwise,...
Ok, so this may be a very dumb question, but I just can't find the answer anywhere. On the carseat manual, for rear facing, when it says that once the head is "within one inch of the top of the shell", then the baby is too big to be RF in that particular seat - does this mean that the head has to be one inch BELOW the top of the RF seat, or is one inch ABOVE the seat still fine for RF??????? I hope someone can help me out with this, I'm having many brain mush moments...
Hi everyone, I have searched around and I'm sorry if this is a frequent question, I just can't seem to find the answer. My son will be getting a second dose of DTaP vax (this is the only vax we have had administered so far). I have been reading that vitamin C can be beneficial at warding off adverse effects, and I would like to give this to my son before his shot. He is 7 months old - I haven't seen any "infant vit C drops" in the pharmacy or in a nutrition store -...