or Connect

Posts by uncertain

Ok, thank you everyone, you have convinced me to take it, I'm so grateful for your advice!! It was diagnosed with the rapid strep test, not sure if that makes a difference in terms of reliability etc, but I'm going to go ahead and take the medicine, do the probiotics too and just watch myself and baby like a hawk for any side effects. Thanks so much to you all! eta - the pharmacist told me that it was tetracycline (not what I was prescribed) that causes teeth discoloration
Hi Mamas, I've just been diagnosed with strep throat and prescribed erythromycin (every 6 hours, for 10 days, can't remember the dosage, though). It has an L1 classification, safe for breastfeeding, and the AAP says it's ok too, even though it does get excreted into breastmilk - would you take it, and why or why not? Any BTDT stories? I'm completely torn. My DD is 10 months and I have no pumped milk whatsoever. If I take it, I'll take probiotics too, and give some to...
I specifically did not choose a midwifery practice because that was their setup. I can see the group setting being good in the specific instance of first-time moms who have never had any kind of pregnancy/birth/sexual trauma, but for me, it would have stunk.
Totally normal for a child to play in the kitchen. I'd even say that it would be abnormal for the kitchen to be off-limits! DS is 3.5 and he would make "potions" in the kitchen all day long if I let him. And yes, he is allowed to climb on the counter. And yes, it IS a lot of work to clean up. But he loves it, and he's happy doing it, and maybe, just maybe, he'll love to cook in the end, and won't view it as the grinding chore that I find it to be.. DS can reach...
I haven't shaved in many years, mostly because I just can't be bothered, it takes way too much time. And because I just get so grossed out thinking of all those tiny cuts and all the potential routes into my body for infections! I plan to approach this with DD the same as the way I tell DS that he can wear whatever clothes he wants to (even, gasp! pink), that everyone has a right to be comfortable in their own skin and with their own choices, and that anyone who says...
Wellllllll, I'm just about 30 weeks and I have yet to announce it But that's because my last 4 were losses so I'm still treading very carefully. People around me of course know because it's very obvious at this point, but I haven't had anyone ask "how long have you known" or similar. I'm going to post on facebook in a couple of week, but other than that, I'm just letting people find out by seeing the big 'ol belly. At this point, you could probably just let people...
I'm not quite sure how to add #2 to our co-sleeping situation, so I was wondering what others are thinking might work? Right now, we are three in a king sized bed, and I'm thinking that we'll need some extra space when our fourth bed-sharer joins us. I want a natural surface for baby to sleep on (our bed is a natural latex, with wool topper), so I suppose I could side-car a crib containing a natural mattress, but that would really take up a lot of space in the bedroom. ...
Nope, you are not a bad neighbour at all. Of course, my grass is almost 3 feet tall... IMO a bad neighbour is someone who doesn't restrain their dog! Dandelions are not even on the bad neighbour radar..
Ack! I am sooo stuck for names, completely lost! I really for some odd reason just can't seem to find anything that I like. We're having a girl, and I love pretty-sounding feminine names (such as names that end in 'a'), love nature-inspired, and not-too-popular. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?? TIA!!
A cousin of mine wrote "K will be growing out of her pants sooner than expected", or something like that. I thought it was really cute.