or Connect

Posts by uncertain

Quote: Originally Posted by julieanne In an accident, the whole carseat flies/tips forward and hits the seat back. It looks really weird and scary, but that's what they're designed to do. Most of the mirrors are attached right there, although yours sounds like it might be different if it's behind the seat. Oh, I see now what you mean. Hmmm, well the only solution I can think of in that case is to get a Britax convertible seat that can be...
I think that I'm missing something here - why would her head hit the mirror?? I mean, she's strapped into the carseat, so I don't see why her head would fly so far forward as to hit the mirror. Mine is hooked onto a metal bar behind the car's seat, so I can't see that it would become a projectile in an accident. ETA, I completely know where you're coming from about "where do we draw the line". I try very hard, though, to minimize the number of potential projectiles in...
Hi everyone, DS's 18 month WBV is coming up (well, I'm supposed to make the appt for it, but I've been reluctant to do so because I've been uneasy about the fact that our ped does move DS's foreskin around). I thought that she was looking for the urethral (sp?) opening and that that was ok because it wasn't what I thought was meant by a foreskin retraction, but I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and I just read the "definition of retraction" sticky and now I'm...
I would do it now, as your child is healthy. My DS is 17 months and I'm looking for CP parties starting now as well. That's just my opinion, though, YMMV
Quote: Originally Posted by eirual One more strategy I thought I'd add. Sometimes if DS isn't resonding to the person and I feel I have to say something, I'll direct it to DS instead of trying to explain it to the other person. I'll just look at DS and say something like "no deal?" or "not now?" then just smile at the other person and cary on our way. That adresses that that person isn't going to ge tthe response they want, without having to explain it...
Quote: Originally Posted by BellinghamCrunchie I'm like you, I think, ChinaKat. I need to touch people I feel love for or I don't feel like I'm communicating. My parents were the opposite. Hugs and kisses felt awkward and cold. I think raising your child AP gives them the ability to genuinely connect with other people, when they want to. They don't have to "crawl into bed" with their ailing grandmother, but if they want to, they could, and maybe they...
Quote: Originally Posted by kingschild Too many, but not 15. I have curbed the habit/addiction somewhat by sewing or reading instead, but I need to do better. It is the only place where I find adults who have made many of the same lifestyle choices as I have. JUSTIFY, JUSTIFY, JUSTIFY! This, exactly!!! I couldn't have put it better. I wish I knew more Mamas like MDC Mamas IRL (but then again, I would be too busy online to spend much time...
don't have time right now to read all the replies, so will return later to do so..but this hit a nerve with me, so i just wanted to say...when DS was born and I told my Mom that I was going to SAHM with him, she said "Good, this world needs more good men in it". So, briefly, that! My contribution to "society" will be a good man. Those aren't always easy to find!! (this is NOT NOT NOT meant to imply that WOHMs are not also contributing good men to this world!!!)
Thank you so much, everyone, for all these terrific suggestions!! I think that I will meet DH in Rome after all, since so many are saying great things about it, spend a few days there, and then rent a car and drive to Cinque Terre area. We're still doing lots of internet searching! I like the suggestion to rent a little flat, I think we will try to do that. I'm somewhat nervous about finding the right place, but I'm starting to get excited about this now that you all...
DS's seat is rf in the middle, with the tether attached to the base of the front passenger seat. So, it doesn't come straight down behind the carseat, it's off to the side (angled), but this is a-ok. The tether, as far as I understand it, prevents the top of the carseat from moving too much in a collision (or in the "rebound" after the initial impact). It acts to keep the carseat more "at one" with the car, which in turn keeps your child more "at one" with the car, so...