or Connect

Posts by Brigianna

Quote: Originally Posted by majikfaerie tsk. then we can be sick together. and besides, my immune system can handle it. maybe my :nana: has healing powers. So if I kiss you, I'm healed? Yay! : Two benefits in one!
Quote: Originally Posted by majikfaerie hey b! : how ya been? (oh, and i'll ignore the lab thing if you don't look at the people who don't like dogs thread) I'm cool. How are you? Oh, you don't like enormous hairy beasts leaping on top of you and slobbering all over you?
Quote: Originally Posted by majikfaerie so not true. :nana: can only make things better :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: My lab would share that sentiment.
Sexism is prejudice based on sex, not necessarily malevolent in intent. The perceptions that women can't be good at physical labor, or that men can't be good at child care, are sexism. It can be directed at either sex. Misogyny is specifically hatred of women. The belief that a female has less human value than a male, or that women should have fewer rights than men, is misogyny. The belief that female-ness is undesirable. Or, that is how I see it, anyway.
Quote: Originally Posted by majikfaerie I'm totally digging on this combo: :nana: it's the perfect representation of my marriage But the pink one should be blue instead, right?
No, I don't believe people deserve happiness... but then I dislike the "deserve" concept in general. Nor can I get behind the notion of happiness as a choice. It is an emotion, and our emotions are rarely within our voluntary control (though our responses to them generally are). Happiness is a talent. Some people are born with it... some people have to struggle for it... some people can struggle and struggle and still not achieve it. But one does not "deserve" the...
Quote: Originally Posted by MusicianDad Everything has a possible reverse effect on some people. Like my friend who is allergic to over the counter anti-histamines! Yeah, and me, who is that way with pretty much every psychotropic in existence. *sigh*
Quote: Originally Posted by majikfaerie B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 : what's up? I am. Unfortunately. : Did you know that St. John's Wort has a reverse effect on some people? And that I'm one of them? So, I'm up, suffering, and deciding to check in on the friends.
Hi!