or Connect

Posts by Brigianna

Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan With a friend, if you don't think it was their dp there's no reason to be discreet about the bruise and if you do think it was their dp you shouldn't be discreet about it. There are lots of causes of injury about which one might prefer to be discreet other than a fight with one's partner.
Maybe they thought it was none of their business. I get bruised a lot (sensitive skin, rambunctious kids, clumsiness) and I get annoyed with the questions and the pointed looks and the whispers.
I like Janine, but, I think they would be better with a polysyllabic, combination-type name, like Julianna, Jessiella, Janietta, or something. Seems more their style.
I want shenanigans!
Quote: Originally Posted by majikfaerie :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: . :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana::nana::nana::nana::nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana::nana::nana: :nana: :nana: :nana: I feel privileged just to witness this.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jennifer Z Brig, do you mind if I use some of these in my quote generator on my blog? : They're all yours. Quote: Originally Posted by sapphire_chan Another "is this okay?" question. I tend to talk directly to children even when they're obviously pre-verbal if they make any kind of contact. I've had some kids respond by hiding behind mom or dad--totally age appropriate for the kids--and I...
When people find out I have fibromyalgia: "you don't look sick" Yeah, no-puppy-kidding. That's why the diagnosis took years. But trust me, I *feel* sick. "what do you mean you can't ____? just last week you______!" Yes. That was what we call a good day. And at the end of it, I couldn't leave the house for the next two days. What you see is a performance that takes great effort, effort which I do not always have. "my brother/cousin/neighbor has that. he cured...
Quote: Originally Posted by ShadowLark I love you - that thread is AWESOME! Especially the links. I seriously just have NO clue - I was one who thought autism = withdrawn into your own world with no hope of (or desire for) contact with others. But my son is definitely NOT that person. (His "diagnosis" - by the EI folks - is Global Developmental Delays. We're still doing evals, but everyone who's seen him has said ASD is on the table.) It gives me a...
First, the good news: autistics absolutely are all there mentally. All that stuff about withdrawing and being stolen---completely not true. Basically, what Kristine said. She's right. There is no truth to the notion of autistics being "lost" or gone mentally. Autism does change; autistics often go through phases of appearing more autistic, or less autistic. It's better to observe and accept these changes. For one thing, being autistic is not a bad thing, and for...
Hey friends. Are y'all having a party yet?