or Connect

Posts by Brigianna

Quote: Originally Posted by leighellen Thanks, Roar. The Asperger's link was pretty terrifying. There have been times, over the past couple of years, when I've been worried about Asperger's or autism, but hoped he would mature out of some of his quirks. He's certainly a little eccentric, but whether or not his behavior is symptomatic of a psychosocial issue, only an expert can say. I think I need to get him check out by experts. Thanks...
Quote: Originally Posted by jennica http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o...g?t=1221095879 I couldn't remember details, so I'm not sure about how it was held on or if there was a veil over the face or just the metal mask. I tried to draw what I remembered and this is what came out. It doesn't look familiar to me (most things don't, so that doesn't mean anything), but I must say, it does from that drawing look beautiful!
Quote: Originally Posted by sadie_sabot OK, so this is an off topic rant because I've been triggered... mainly because the "big rock candy mountain" thing is just so cynical, like to think about what kind of a world we REALLY want to live in is hopelessly idealistic and therefore stupid; and I think it kind of contributes to people's cynicism and apathy. Not that I'm laying that on YOU, my dear Kama, you are often an inspiration and energizing, I'm just...
Quote: Originally Posted by frog For starters, eliminate marriage as a legal and benefits-granting institution. Protect people because they're people, not based on who they are married or born to. I'd like to see health care, including mental health care, as something that people can choose to pursue or not. I dislike the committing of people against their will, though I haven't totally worked through in my head what to do with people whose issues lead...
Quote: Originally Posted by frog No, not nothing, but what I have in mind is more of a radical overhaul of the current structure, so it's not so much based in reality. What kind of radical overhaul?
People can jointly own property/assets without being legally married.
Quote: Originally Posted by jennica It seems you're being dismissive of feelings and emotions you obviously don't understand. You are implying that it was wrong or irrational for me to feel what I did. You know, people can do anything they want in the name of religion, it doesn't mean that I am not going to be frightened of it, or that I am going to want my son to see it. Halloween masks are meant to be scary, and so if my son is frightened of them,...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamabadger The choice, as a PP said, has to be taken in context. One question is, what happens when a woman "chooses" not to wear the particular garment? I would also suggest that "uncomfortable" is too mild a word. I am "uncomfortable" when I see pictures of 19th century slaves in ankle shackles, and it is not because I look down on African culture or despise the Southern states! But you do look down on and despise...
Quote: Originally Posted by majikfaerie so what's up? I am, for the moment. Unfortunately, I'm needing to go to bed soon. Best of love to you though!
Quote: Originally Posted by majikfaerie the upside is i'm spending the day in bed with my computer There you go. There's always an upside.