or Connect

Posts by Robert Goodman

Quote: Originally Posted by tootersmom Just wanted to clarify one thing, according to the "Prevalence, Incidence and Consequences of Violence Against Women Survey, National Institute of Justice and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention" in 1998 - One out of every six American women have been the victims of an attempted or completed rape in their lifetime (14.8% completed rape; 2.8% attempted rape). And those numbers have been in slight...
Quote: Originally Posted by Heavenly He is 6.5, he'll be 7 in January. I am so upset with him right now that he is in his room because I don't want to say something I'll regret. Is this a normal child thing? Do any of your children ever say this? I would have said that to one of my parents. Never. If only I had a nickel for each time I told my parents I hated them, I'd be in better shape financially.
Quote: Originally Posted by sabrinat Ummm...I don't really know what you're talking about. The baking soda did not fizz completely away, It doesn't fizz "away", but the vinegar is using up some of the baking soda, and the baking soda is using up all of the vinegar, and the fizz goes away in seconds if you're mixing it into a paste. So adding vinegar accomplishes nothing for what you're doing, and in fact neutralizes part of one ingredient, so...
Quote: Originally Posted by nighten Likely you have detergent build-up on the washcloths, etc., and stripping them is the first step (use Dawn blue liquid dish detergent, on very hot wash, then rinse several times until no bubbles). What has given people here the idea that detergent for hand dishwashing would be superior for washing detergent residues out of cloth? Laundry detergents rinse faster than hand dish detergents! Hand dish detergents...
Quote: Originally Posted by lizabird My ds (will be 4 in Nov) has enjoyed playing with doctor kits at friends' houses and I'd like to get him his own little kit. My mom already got him a real kid size stethoscope so now I;m debating if I should get a few other super-basic real things (cheapest possible reflex checher, etc) or get a play kit. I've done a bunch of searches on-line and the play kits look sooooo cheezy (and they're all plastic made in...
Quote: Originally Posted by grisandole This thread is back, minus some posts that were UAVs or that were referencing removed posts. What's a UAV? Unavoidable?
Quote: Originally Posted by cloudswinger And there are plenty of instances of kids dropping out from martial arts. We tended to lose them in late middle/high school when it became uncool/boring/too much work. I've seen lots of examples of kids who apparently were pushed into American football by parents. That's a lot worse than with martial arts, because in a team sport one unenthusiastic player can mess things up for others. The team of...
Oh. I took the subject line literally. Considering the far-out types I'm meeting here, I really envisioned all the attendees with SCUBA at the bottom of a pool.
Peridin-C (C flavonoid complex including a standardized amount of hesperidin) from Beutlich is said to work vs. peri-menopausal hot flushing.
Quote: Originally Posted by sabrinat I wrote last week about my frustration with finding a really tough cleaning but aunaturel cleaner for my bathroom and a mama suggested making a paste w/baking soda, vinegar and a few drops of dish soap. Hallejeliuh, It's awesome, I didn't even need to scrub! Try the same thing without the vinegar. Vinegar & baking soda react on contact to fizz, and that fizz is gone in seconds, so I don't see how making a...