or Connect

Posts by morgan's_mom

Also, they couldn't have voted on either bill at the hearing because they lacked a quorum.
I was the one testifying when the question was asked about the blanket. :-) Farrar has actually done a really good job with the committee. I met with some of the LCs pushing 703 after the hearing and we talked about it at length (these are the women who pushed the original BFIP statute throough the lege in 1995 and are in front of the lege every two years on some aspect or another of breastfeeding legislation). By all accounts, Farrar and her aides have done an...
Quote: But it doesn't matter if the Church believes it is the parent's choice, nor does it matter whether or not the Church officially favors the vaccines' use ---- they don't make state law. But it does matter, and it doesn't have anything to do with state law in this case. The diocese is saying that the Catholic schools in the diocese will not accept any exemptions except medical. Were it not for the diocesan rule, parents could choose not to...
We can pick and choose here. The form is the same whether you are claiming a philosophical/conscientious or religious exemption. You don't have to say what your basis is for objecting or whether it's religious or philosophical. You just send in a letter to the state asking for an exemption and they send you five of them to use as needed. We can pick and choose here also; there are check boxes for each vax. It's actually a really good form and process, I think, in...
Quote: Ask them if they are saying that they agree then that it is ok to use aborted fetal tissue to culture vaccines, then research here the ones that are cultured on fetal tissue, I'm sure LI or another knowledgeable mama can tell you. Take them the list. See what they say. Oh, I know about that, and I said something about it to the school nurse (like I can't believe the Catholic church would take that position given the us of fetal tissue, etc.). ...
I did a search and found some discussion of this issue, but nothing exactly on point. My daughter tested/interviewed for pre-K at a Catholic school this past weekend here in Austin. We applied last year (and subsequently decided to wait another year; she's a late summer birthday) so I hadn't visited the admissions website in quite a while because I didn't have to resubmit all the paperwork. The only thing I was lacking from last year were her shot records (stopped the...
I didn't know how I would feel about having others there for my first birth, so I didn't have anyone except my husband, the midwife, and my best friend to take pics. I knew after the first one that I was comfortable having people there, so I welcomed our families, but it was lightning fast and in the middle of the night so it was just me, DH, midwife, and MIL. I had my third three weeks ago. There were 15 people in my (very large, obviously!) bathroom with me. ...
I am 39w2d with my third. My other two were born at 41w1d and 40w3d in fast, relatively easy labors (8.5 hours and 5.5 hours, with only a few hours of "hard" labor in each). Both times, my water broke in active labor. Sunday morning, I started leaking fluid; I was almost certain it was coming from my vagina. It happened a couple of times and I called my mw. She came over and did a nitrazine swab, which came back negative. She said it was probably urine, although I...
My daughter attends a preschool here in Austin that is fairly hard to get into (waiting list, not academically), and we had zero problems with the exemption. She is getting vaxed now, so it won't be an issue in the future. But it will be interesting to see what happens with schools' policies (including how long it takes for them to become aware of this if they're not specifically looking for an answer -- people don't exactly read AG opinions for entertainment).
I didn't see the previous post. I don't know how to delete. SORRY! The Texas Attorney General issued the following opinion today: Opinion No. GA-0420 Go to: http://www.oag.state.tx.us/opinions/...tt/ga-0420.htm Re: Whether private schools must accept for enrollment children who have received an exemption from the immunizations required by the Texas Health and Safety Code (RQ-0403-GA) http://www.oag.state.tx.us/opinions/...a/RQ0403GA.pdf Summary: A private...