or Connect

Posts by bunnybartlett

You are right...that is a great viewpoint. They can only use me as long as I let them. Maybe that's why it has irked me so badly. I feel as if I am being polite and courteous and getting walked all over. I also don't want to hurt the childs feelings but she keeps putting him in that position! That's whos feelings I am worried about. Also, my oldest really enjoys playing with her oldest for the most part. Sometimes she asks for me to send him home when the time runs so long...
I know you didn't....I am so frustrated. How can I bring these subjects up to this woman? If she was reasonable these are things that should never have to be talked about. Laundry, thanks for the heads up...I will not try to schedule a daily time. I certainly don't need another obligation! That's what we have been doing...play when available and say no when we are not. We are also homeschoolers. My kids get up later and stay up later than school kids. I love the school...
I fear you are right...I have to have the conversation I am dreading. To me it feels like bringing up things that should be good parenting common sense! I think what happens...is I will say the younger one can't play, if my little one doesn't want to, or is snacking or whatever. Sometimes I am not up for the arguing! Then she will see her in the yard playing with her sister and the older boy. It's not that I am excluding him....the two bigger kids could go down to his...
the kids having friends over....I do wish the parents would check to see if it's ok first. We are talking about a 4 yr old here...left without speaking to me first. Once, the father asked my 4 yr old if she could play and left him. I cannot just send him home he has to be walked! If I am in the middle of something it is just very inconvenient. Why wouldn't she just call first or ring the bell when she gets here. To be honest I don't think she wants to give me the chance to...
My daughters are 8 and 4. They have started playing with the kids down the block in the last couple months. This family has always been there but it took another little girl my oldest plays with to introduce her to their son who is 7. After they had been playing non stop for several days. Always at my house. He asks can his little brother(also 4)come over and play with my youngest. So the mother walks him down and they play...with lots of supervision they constantly are...
My daughters are 8 and 4. They have started playing with the kids down the block in the last couple months. This family has always been there but it took another little girl my oldest plays with to introduce her to their son who is 7. After they had been playing non stop for several days. Always at my house. He asks can his little brother(also 4)come over and play with my youngest. So the mother walks him down and they play...with lots of supervision they constantly are...
She had a GREAT time....tried out a few rides but was afraid to go on some. I am so happy I did not let my feelings get in the way of her new experience. Just another lesson for mom I guess~! Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I knew I would get the advice I needed here at MDC.
I dropped her off this morning...I am sure she will have a wonderful time! I am excited for her and feel a little better about it having talked to the parents and seeing her anticipation.... thanks for all the input I will let ya know how it turns out
I had just resigned myself to let her go and have fun and stop being so selfish...lol. Now I wish I could share it with her again. I keep telling myself that this is a great experience for her and I cannot be there for everything... She will have a blast and I will love for her to come home and tell me all about it. If she has a good time them I can plan next year for us to go as a family. It truly is fun for her to do things without her sister all the time. She is so...
SO excited she is still trying to fall asleep in there...lol. She generally is sleeping no later than 10:30. That worries me she has to get up at 7am, they usually get up at 9am or so.She will be tired and its lots of walking. Plus I am thinking about this winter. I took her to this place to do bumper cars on ice. They were so excited but when we got there they were really loud and vibrated when you sat in them and she was afraid to try it. She finally did and had a good...