or Connect

Posts by socialworkmamma

I this thread so hard!!!! DD came to me Saturday and showed me three pubic hairs and she's a little over 9.5. We've talked about puberty and body changes without going into the entire story yet. I was calm and said yes, this is puberty starting and she expressed not wanting to grow-up and that she had plucked one of the darker hairs and I told her it was okay and nothing to be embarresed about, a sign she was healthy, etc. When she went out to play with little...
Okay, I've decided I didn't like it. It's not the lack of a happy ending, as I loved TTTW, it's that the dead for several days body had a child. I think that combined with the fact Elspeth really knew what would happen when she took Valentina's soul made it too distasteful for me. She should not have been allowed to have a child when she essentially killed her own daughter. I also felt so let down by Robert playing along when he knew before it happened what the end...
I reaaaaaly want to discuss this book with someone! It's written by Audrey Niffenegger, also author of The Time Traveler's Wife, one of my favorite books. This one has been disturbing to me and I've thought about it on and off all day. I can't really even decide if I liked it. Please come and talk to me if you've read it or there is another thread out there. Thanks, Pamela
Just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and sharing their own stories. It really helped and still does. The night I posted I got a call from my sister-in-law that she was in the ER with my brother as he had badly hurt three fingers that night at work. He's a machinist and the loss of his fingers would be pretty horrible for lots of reasons. It turned out better than expected and he should have full mobility and very little tissue loss. Needless to say, it...
EdnaMarie, that is the truth! DH and I joke we're true believers as he's a public defender and I'm a LCSW who sees mostly kids in foster care on Medicaid. I think the sucky part lately is the trapped feeling as the floundering economy has made it a lot harder to think of switching, even if we wanted to. Most days I'm proud of what we both do, today was not one of them!
Thank-you so much ladies, I so needed to hear everything you had to say! I forget what I have persevered through and been blessed with when I have days like today. I am totally rocking my pity party now and enjoying the refreshments! I knew this would be the place to get some positive vibes!
If no one responds to this I totally understand, but decided I wanted to vent and get some of these feelings out there. Right now I feel as though every decision re money I've every made has been wrong and I will never be in a comfortable place. I really don't even care that much about my own needs, but feel like my kids are getting the shaft because of my combination bad luck and dumb choices in the past. Does anyone else ever feel like they are passing as middle...
We need to get our kids together! My DS of the same age sounds exactly like your DD. I have a DD that is 8 and she will play with him at times, but not to his level of roughness or satisfaction. I told DH the other day if I had known what things would be like, I would have tried for a younger sibling for him when he was a year old or so. I thought I was doing my children a favor with the four year spacing, but now I really see the other side of the coin. In fact,...
Go to www.smittenkitchen.com and put in for the tart crust recipe. Everthing I've ever made from the site has been great.
I absolutely agree with having ill and/or dying members of the family still being treated as valuable members of the families included in activites and not hidden away. My opionion differs in what you show on national television and what the family members' privacy level was before they were incapacitated in making a choice. Maybe Jimbob's father would have been fine being shown on television in the conditon he's in and the point they were trying to make. I suppose...