or Connect

Posts by socialworkmamma

I've never been a big Duggar fan or naysayer, we sometimes watch the show and I have enjoyed seeing the older girls looking a little more "with it", but I have to say the way Josh handled the pregnancy announcement was inappropriate and over the top. We had to turn it when he told Anna, "you're on the Mommy Team". My DH was just like, that's it, it's off. Calling the producer so the show knows before Anna's family or even Anna? I really think Josh is so caught up in...
I feel your pain on this one. In our own family my nephews recieved a Wii and a large four wheeler, the same Christmas. We have gone with Santa bringing some stuff and parents buying others. I also try to promote a feeling of "how nice for them" and being happy people we know and care about received such nice presents. I did not plan to have my kids believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa, but our 8-year old really enjoys it and I have to admit it's been fun.
Could I have the info as well? We grow a lot of our own produce, but I would love to support someone local. I live 25 minutes from Joplin and sadly can't really help with midwife info. There is a large Minnonite community and I believe most of them use midwives and home birth. There are also CNM's in practce with OB's, but from what I've heard it's pretty much standard medical model type stuff. If you are birthing in a hospital, you will want to find out if your...
No, they will need to get help in Europe, 'cause then the kids can also be "cultured" at the same time.
He was having a moment and cursed at your husband, which isn't okay, but then your husband escalated the whole thing by no longer being courteous about using the front door. I get that it's your husband's right to use the garage door, but let's face it, it became a "see if you like this" type of situation. If you've had positive dealings with this guy to the point of eating food he's made for you, I say go over as a couple and talk to the dude about the cursing incident...
We hate it too, but then we don't like Bobby Flay. I could almost grasp it if not for the week of preperation and extra help. It is just sooooo dumb to act like it's an equal playing field because after all, it is the other cook's speciality.
It's good not to feel so alone. My DH went to a private law school because he was told by his student advisor just getting in is impressive enough to ensure a high paying job upon graduation. He worked his tail off, passed the bar the first time, and went on many interviews. Sadly, he graduated in the early 90s, the first time in recent years there was a glut of lawyers. He was hired as a public defender almost 3 months after passing the bar and over 6 months after...
Go with the Eureka. We just got ours from Amazon last week and I'm so happy. We have all ceramic expept for the bedrooms and had a Eureka enviro steamer 10 years ago when we moved in and it finally bit the dust a few months ago. It was then I discovered Eureka no longer made a floor steamer. I read reviews and had decided on the monster floor cleaner. I was about to order it when I decided I should check one more time and low and behold the Eureka was back!!!! It's just...
My sister-in-law just became a mother without a mother. I would love to hear from some women who have been there some special ways I can help and let her know I'm there when she needs me. TIA Pamela
It does get better. DH and I were just discussing this the other day and wondered how we got through some of the moments we did with most of our sanity intact. I noticed from your siggy there is a younger sibling around two years apart. My DC are 4 years apart with the drama queen being the eldest. I would guess this is her way of "pushing" your buttons and making sure she get what she feels is her fair share of your attention. I can say from experience the more you...