or Connect

Posts by socialworkmamma

My 21-month old ds has a Manhattan Baby small, soft boyish looking doll. But I will admit, lately he's been much more interested in big sis's Bitty Baby and her Manhattan Baby doll Stella. I think because they are more "real" looking.
I would talk to your child's teacher about what is going on when the bitting occurs and how they are dealing with the "biter". My son was the one doing the biting and my DH and I felt soooo horrible about it. We're AP all the way and had never had any issues whatsoever with our DD. Well, it turns out most of the problem was territorial for Will. He simply felt his space was always being violated. We had our PAT educator go and observe one morning and she also felt...
Just wanted to let you know I'm sorry you are having these regrets. I did want to add that in my opinion, God Is, and He will give you that child to cure cancer, bring world peace, etc. if that is His plan. A little 'ole vasectomy is not going to stop Him. That said, I hope the funds for a reversal will be available if that stays on your heart. Pamela
The Baby Bjorn small one piece potty. Nice and low to the ground and easy to clean. We got lots of mileage out of it. It's easy to take with you when you're on the go. We always had it at the beginning of training and used a plastic bag to line it and it worked great for us. Hope this helps. Pamela
Check Land's End and GapKids or BabyGap. Those are good places to start, especially if you are wanting to either match or have your boys dressed in a similar way. I never knew what a challenge it was to find boys dressy clothes until I had Will last year. I found his Easter outfit a couple weeks ago at my favorite local children's store. I like it, but it was it, no choice. There were at least three racks of beautiful girl clothes in the same size. Since his sister...
Two healthy, blessed children later, I don't know if I've recovered from the deep hurt infertility brought to my soul. I too feel I now understand why women of the bible put on sackcloth and ashes and prayed without ceasing, etc. I can say I feel the entire experience has helped me to be a better parent and to truly feel in the moment with my children. I certainly don't take being a mother for granted as so many women in society seem to do. I think it's just one of...
Yep, we have it and I've turned my parents on to it. Good news, and some really neat documentary type shows. In fact, my 75-year old dad ordered the dvd of My Father's Garden. It was put together by the daughter of a citrus grower who died in the 60s, from DDT. The cool thing is my Dad, who grew up in Iowa and has particpated in traditional farming methods in the past, has loaned it out to some current farmers in our area. The hope is to at least get people thinking...