or Connect

Posts by socialworkmamma

Purposeful multi-generational living here. Ten years ago when DH and I were childless we moved back to our hometown. We stayed with my parents while we looked for a house to buy. It was great as my old bedroom is the top floor of the house with a bathroom so we set up one end as our livingroom. The house is on 40 partially wooded acres and we decided we wanted to live in the country. We had a contractor come out and give us an estimate on building in the woods as my...
I would say talk to your dr. and give it a try. I've had mine for two years now and also used one for three months after going off BCP for the purpose of TTC 10 years ago. I never had problems with infections either time and neither I nor DH feel it at all. I also find myself amused by the "old school" aspect. I have also not had a migraine since going off the pill. I'm not ready for permanent bc, we also hate condoms, and I won't mess with my hormones ever again, so...
It's all good and developmentally appropriate. They are feeling things out and probably two weeks ago at least one of the girls still liked some of the stuff. As long as they don't term those that still like it as "babies", they're just exploring their newfound sense of not being "little" girls anymore and removing themselves from images they have recognized as being marketed to a younger crowd for the most part. Sounds like a fun time. Pamela
I'm so sorry. I would've kept trying to have a daughter until I had one or aged out of the ttc game. My first was a girl and truthfully, I would have been happy with just her. I have PCOS and we had to go through a lot to get her, so when I came up pregnant with DS, it was really like this joyful bonus. I also do homestudies for familes, including ones adopting from China. It is so awesome. I don't know if you are a beliver, but I have heard so many women tell me...
If this is in the wrong forum, I apologize, I'm just looking for some mamma input. We are in a communal living arrangement with my elderly parents. We added on and finished the walkout basement of my family home about 10 years ago. We are now out of room in our walkout basement and are getting ready to "trade spaces" with my parents. We will be leaving around 1500 sf for around 2800 sf. The problem is the arrangement of the bedrooms. The main living space has 2...
Yes, It would be rude not to acknowledge the compliment. As far as avoiding "lookism", I always add something such as, "Thanks, she's really funny too," or smart, or whatever adjetive comes to mind about DD at the moment.
I have to say we've had a simple oak high chair with both children and it's been great. DS still uses it and he'll be 4 in Feb. He will use it as a high chair and sometimes as a youth chair when we put the tray behind him and he sits at the table. MIL bought it for DD and she used it for 4plus years. It takes up no more space than a chair. The other plus is no plastic, looks great and it will be passed down to our children.
I watched it. It was on the Discovery Health Channel. I suppose my feelings are this, it was not a pregnant man, but a pregnant transgendered female. And that's fine, not a problem IMHO, but please, they are not a "man". They might feel more masculine than feminine, they are able to grow facial hair (as am I due to PCOS), but the individual is a biological female. They chose to become pregnant as their wife had a hysterectomy. I'm not sure of the wife's age, but her...
Thank-you ladies! I too agree a turtleneck is about as modest as it gets. I looked around again today when I was there at lunch time and feel totally vindcated with my original feelings. There were lots of little girls in dresses and dressy tops similar to what DD wears, and I know they are in code. The end of the semester is in sight as is the student teacher, so I'm going to let it go.
Well, we found out a bit more info after DD came home from school. Also, when my DH read it he told me a dad had just told him this last week they had been "busted" on the dress code and they were surprised as they thought they were being compliant. It seems it has been coming from a student teacher. My DD described being in the lunch room while her teacher stood behind her and asked the student teacher if what DD had on was appropriate. I should say my DD's teacher is...