or Connect

Posts by socialworkmamma

you're right, I knew the one shirt was not in the code. I will follow your suggestion and ask for what has been non compliant, as I truly don't know other than the one item worn one time. The other problem, is who do I ask as my DD's teacher hadn't noticed it. I wonder if I should ask what teacher told her DD is non compliant so I can ask that teacher?
I'm so steamed right now! I just got an e-mail from DD's teacher that OTHER teachers have told her my DD is "freqently non compliant" with the dress code. She herself has not noticed this as my DD "is always so cute and modest". She has not noticed it because it's not true!! Our school is a private Christian school and adopted a dress code around 5 years ago. The first two years were fairly strict, but recently they have lightened it up and even put in the first year...
Congrats to you, just curious, is your ex the father or is this a new relationship?
I too was bothered by sooooo many things while watching. DH and I discussed it, and we feel like in many ways it was taking away the girls' innocence by discussing emotional aspects of sexuality way before they can grasp it. I do want to say both DH and I are Christians, and we do pray for our children to make good choices regarding all areas of their life, including their sexuality. Our DD is 7, and righ now the focus of our discussions per sexuality is biology. Why...
I'm in Southwest MO and work for a private, non-profit adoption agency. I also used to work for DFS as a social worker back in the day. I think cost can vary widely. If you are thinking about adopting through the state, the cost would be fairly minimal, start out by contacting the DFS office in your county and talk to the worker who does the foster care licensing and let them know what you are thinking about. If you want to know more about the agency I work for, I...
First, I can relate as I too have a wonderful DD who is also capable of throwing some humdingger fits. I noticed the birthday and it really does get better. I understand wanting to validate your DD's feelings, but it sounds like you are turning into a person she can treat very poorly. I think to some degree that always true as the mother, we are their "safe" person. But, at the same time it's not okay to cross a line of direspect and hatefullness. It sounds like your...
I remember how frustrating it was TTC without a regular cycle. I too have PCOS and for me the metformin really helped. I struggle with my weight and when I coneived my second child I was doing Weight Watchers and had lost around 20 pounds. I was taking metformin and had added vitex the month he was conceived. For me, vitex really works. I conceived my DD the month I was being monitored on clomid. I was on a high dose and told I was not going to ovulate at all, I was...
My mom gave my now 3.5 year old a set called mobilo. It's plastic, but made in Germany. It has wheels and heads for passengers. I can't really explain it, but it came from the Museum Store. Both DH and DS have seemed to really enjoy it. DD gets in on the fun too and she's 7, so it has the ablity to appeal to a variety of ages. Pamela
Well into the second trimester for me. Are they checking your levels weekly? That really lets you know when your placenta has started production itself.
I would press charges as he did not leave when you emphaticaly told him NO! Who cares if there are people out there who would have "played" with him? You said no and he kept driving around your vehicle, it sounds like in a menacing way. Also if he was dumb enough to stick around until the police showed up, let him get charged with something. What a loser! Sorry that had to happen to you and you have the total right to pull over at a rest stop to nurse your baby in...