or Connect

Posts by socialworkmamma

I had to respond as well. I had two c-sections as well. My first child was premature, but with the help of a great hospital staff and lactation consultant we had no difficulty bonding and having skin time. Nursing took longer due to her size, but she got the hang of it eventually and nursed 3.5 years. My second child was full term and DH held him next to me and he was nursing within 20 minutes of birth (and still is at 3.5). It's okay to mourn what you dreamed and...
Thank-you so much ladies. I will get that book ASAP. As far as the MRI goes, it did say something about increased signal on T2 and incresed signal and intra-axial abnormality. The way it was worded was such that we couldn't really tell if that was what was there or was not. I have a call back in to the ped office as I don't want to wait until the end of Oct. to really know what this thing says. So far so good with the meds. I know it's only been a couple days, but I...
Thanks everyone. Yeah, I can't believe the end of October is the best they can do either. I guess because he's consulting with our ped and they've put Will on the medicine they feel it's okay to be in a holding pattern. We picked up the cd of his MRI to send to neuro and we of course read the report. Our ped said it was "clear" which I now guess means free of any mass. There are a couple of sentences I'm worried about. I sometimes feel I know just enough to be...
My youngest DC is 3.5. He had a febrile seizure May 30th. He had a second seizure June 29th while we were outside at a swim meet of his sister's. It was not terribly hot, but humid. We don't know what his temperature was at the time of the seizure. On August 11th he had his third seizure while laying next to me nursing down for his nap. His temp was normal. On the 14th he had an EEG ordered and we woke him up at 4 am to be sleep deprived. He had a small seizure at...
Well, much has happened in the last couple of weeks. The EEG was normal, although he had a small seizure that morning an hour into being sleep deprived. He slept after that as is the norm for his seizures and the tech seemed put out we let him sleep. I told her it was kind or our rule, you have a grand mal seizure and you can sleep. He was still sleep deprived and performed well for the test. He went to preschool as planned and did great. I stayed in the building. ...
Thank-you all for the kind words and info. The person from our dr's office spoke too soon and we have not had the EEG yet, as they do want to do a sleep deprived one. So we'll be getting up at 3:30 am on the 14th with our little guy and trying to keep him up for four hours. Should be lots of fun! We saw the dr. yesterday and she explained it could still be in the classification of a febrile seizure even without the temerature as once a child has a febrile seizure their...
Well, some might remember I sought feedback a few weeks ago on my 3.5 year old son's febrile seizures. Well, he had another seizure yesterday afternoon, the first one at home, so I was able to to take his temperature right away and it was normal. We were laying on the bed together and I was trying to get him to take his nap. There was no warning, nothing to make me think he was not feeling well. This is his third seizure since May 29th, so we will go today for an EEG. ...
You did the right thing, she's an idiot. Will it help the kids? Who knows, but at least you cared enought to try and do something. I get so worked up when a child is needlessly killed through abuse and/or neglect and neighbors, friends, etc. are so surprised and upset. Almost all of the time the situation could have been stopped if someone had cared enough to take the time to do something. But once it's too late, oh everyone comes out of the woodwork.
I've shown this to DH and told him we will be building a small version as a playhouse for the kids this fall! I love, love, love it! I've been dreaming about it. We live on 40 acres and there is no reason why we could not do this. Part of the property is timber and I told DH that not doing it is not an option. I've been looking at playhouses for two years and the wonderful ones are thousands of dollars. I told DH we are doing this, period amen.
He won't cry forever. Shut the games and cable off now, before it's too late! I say this with love as the aunt of a boy who is now 13 and so "plugged in" he really can't do anything else. It might be tough initially for everyone, but as others have pointed out he will figure out a way to entertain himself and survive. Good luck Pamela