or Connect

Posts by socialworkmamma

Just had to say my parents subscribed many years to the Nutrition Action Newletter. A few years ago they profiled Stone Cold Creamery. I wouldn't want to rain on anyone's ice cream fix, but man, you can easily eat a week's worth of fat and calories in like one item. I had a friend who was stopping in there once a week or so. I mailed her the article and she still laughs about how it stopped her cold from the cold creamery. I agree we should all be informed but...
You. Are. Not. Alone. I could have pretty much written your post with a few minor changes. My DS is also 3.5, the difference being he is the youngest. I can not even fathom having a younger child and one on the way, so you rock! On the spanking bit, nope, it won't work. I can say that with confidence because, I, the person who swore she would never spank, the person who never spanked her DD, and the person with a clinical social work license who counsels and teaches...
We are in a communal living situation, which is wonderful at times and horrible at others. Ten years ago we moved back to where we both grew up. We stayed with my parents as we looked for a house. My family lives on 40 acres and we decided to build a house on the back half. We had a house plan and met with a builder. We were going through infertility and decided we would probably not have a family anyway. Well, my Dad suggested rather than build a house, we finish...
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the kind words and insight. I agree we will stick with water. In fact, the day before it happened, we were at the park where DD has swim practice and a little girl, probably not much more that two, broke off a piece of nerds rope and gave it to Will. One of the first things I said to DH Saturday was, maybe it's the nerds rope. Of course I'm sure it was the heat, but the thought of the sugar and artificial everything was driving...
Best wishes for a quick BFP! I will confess to being somewhat jealous. If my DH wanted a third, I would be on it in a heartbeat. You have so much joy in store. Good Luck
Thank-you Thank-you Cajun Mama! Yeah, DS was not having a beer, but a friend has since said we probably need to have him sipping on Gatorade while outside. That stuff has always scared me too, with the bright colors and all. I guess you take the lesser of evils. Thanks again, I really do feel better now.
First, I'm so sorry this is happening to your son. I have heard great things about both of the books you are waiting on. In the meantime, I think one of the most important first steps is just acknowleging to your son you belive him, you don't like what is happening to him, it's wrong, and it's not his fault. Your son is blessed to have a mother who is listening to him and is taking it seriously. I would speak with whoever is "supposed" to be supervising your son when...
Thanks for the replies. Uptown Girl, that's just it, I don't really know what his temp was, as we were not able to take it for a couple of hours after the seizure was over. It they truly are febrile, there is no brain damage and the meds they would put him on have pretty strong side effects as already mentioned. I was really just wondering if anyone had experience with or had heard of a child getting overheated and that bringing on the febrile seizure, as that is what...
I guess I'm looking for some re-assurance of BTDT. My almost 3.5 year old had his first febrile seizure May 30th. We went to the ER and had the full workup, a CAT scan, chest x-ray, etc. which in and of itself freaked me out. It was all negative, except for a severe ear infection and temp of 102 by the time someone took it. We were out of town and our own pediatircian concurred later, stating it was a classic febrile seizure. We went through febrile seizure education...
Follow your dream! I'm sure you and DH have been praying constantly about your choice. If you feel God is calling you to do this, then do it. I believe once God lays something on your heart, ignoring it can only lead to pain and frustration. You sound like you really already know what you are going to do. As most women on this board would tell you, the American dream is really what you make of it. We too are living outside the norm. It is what works best for us...