or Connect

Posts by socialworkmamma

I agree, add a rider to your own. It truly is to cover the burial costs, which are outrageous. It always makes me feel even more sad when I hear of a young person dying and then the local back has a fund to contribute to. A sure sign the family did not have insurance and is looking for donations to cover the cost. When dealing with the awfullness of a child's death, I would not want to add stress over the funeral bill.
We talk about it, or I should say I do! For me so much of it is, do I want to roll the dice again? I have two perfect, healthy children. I do believe children are a blessing, but I wonder how DH and I would cope with a special needs child and the impact on our other children. I'm 38 and have a 7-year old DD and a 3-year old DS. My 3-year old is really kicking my rear right now as it is with his boundless energy. I don't know what I would do with a baby too. I am...
Good luck with whatever you decide to do. My DH is part of his mother's "second litter". (I love that by the way!) He's closest to the brother who is 8 years older. It looks like your DS will have time at home by himself after his sister leaves if you don't have more children. I really wouldn't let that part influence me if I felt like my family was not "complete". I too am 38 and on the fence about trying for one more. I have a 7 and 3 year old. DH says my thought...
Lost in America, Throw Momma from the Train, that Eddie Murphy Steve Marin one from a few years, Goldfinger I think
You know ladies, I'm beginning to wonder if this lasts until menopause or beyond. In our Sunday school class alone there are like 3 people expecting and one of them in particular is so non maternal and it will be her third with the oldest just turning three a month before the new one. She is always discussing the misery of nursing and that she couldn't wait to wean. Needless to say no one knows my over 3 year old toddler still nurses. When her pregnancy was confirmed I...
Well, I don't know if there is a way to never live next to a "jerk", as your post stated the house behind you was empty when you moved in. I think unless you can afford to own quite a bit of property around your house, you can only hope for the best. And from my experience, even then you don't have any gurantees. We live on 40 acres, set back from the road with about 4 city sized lots between us and our closest neighbor. About 4 years ago the property changed hands and...
I'm so sorry you're going through this. I too have PCOS, but have never had the long AF. I'm just wondering if you've been treating the PCOS? Have you ever low carbed or been on metformin? I know for myself when I cut the processed sugar and took metformin I had normal cycles with ovulation for the first time in years. I hope you have answers and relief soon. Pamela
Just wanted to say my father has raised chickens for his family's use my whole life (38 years) and before and has always had us save the shells to feed back. My children like mashing them up with a potato masher. The chickens have never eaten their own eggs and it's a cheap, natural way to get the calcium back in their diets.
Have you given him permission to remove himself from a situation when he can't calm down? I don't know how self aware he is, but since he's bright he can be guided in recognizing his symptoms of upcoming loss of control. For home you can create a "comfort corner", a place removed from the hustle of the household where he can go and work on getting his feelings under control. Good luck, I know it can be really tough. If you have not found a couselor yet, I would suggest...
Just curious, do you feel your diagnosis of PCOS is/was correct? If so I think you would regret not continuing with this doctor. Lot's of women with PCOS do have success with clomid and metformin or just metformin. It's just so hard and I'm sorry you are going through all this. PCOS is misserable for so many reasons. I also second being the squeaky wheel, don't accept substandard care. It sounds like this doctor has a plan and you have options not yet explored. I...