or Connect

Posts by socialworkmamma

How, please tell me how you ladies all do this??? How is nothing sacred? I really need to know. I want to purge and declutter, but everytime I start to make some headway, my sentimental attatchment kicks in, and I freeze. Any and all advice appreciated.
Couldn't read without agreeing that it's one of the most maddening things in the world, IMHO. My DD just turned 7, and things are better. Not that we don't slip back there at times, but she's grasping how much work it is for these meals to be put on the table and that I have feelings to0. If she speaks rudely to me, I'm done and she knows she's on her own to get snacks. Our latest food fun has been the phrase "I'm having a growth spurt". Just curious if your DD...
Glad to see the thread is still around! I loved the view that it's just how our brains work and society just doesn't get it. I've had many interesting discussions with my friend who has taken meds for several years. We're both in the mental health field and have come to the conclussion that so much of the way we process ADD as adults has to do with how our parents dealt with it. She was made to feel shamed and inadequate, and to this day the very word "lazy" triggers...
Just wanted to say I relate to the jealous feelings. However you resolve the friendship issue, don't feel bad for your feelings. My DH is also a lawyer in public service. We have the wonderful student loan payments from his private law school and I quit reading the magazine we get with everyone's professional accomplishments. I'm at a better place now and realize we all make choices and DH is happy and home with us for dinner every night and also has flexibility for me...
Ladies, I've contributed to this thread, but never really joined, so here it goes. We're snowballing with an end of October 2009. This does not include all student loans as my husband has one that will be repaid due to his employment status after a waiting period. I have noticed several people saving that 3-6 month of living expenses before paying all debt. If you don't mind, tell me what influenced your decision in "skipping steps". I am also going to share my big...
Saw this and just had to respond. I don't remember the exact numbers, but with my DD who just turned 7, my hCG did not do as it should at all. I was being monitored very closely and I was on progesterone support. I had been put on the highest dose of Clomid, monitored for ovulation, and told the cycle was a bust and I would need Provera to induce a period. Instead I wound up pregnant with DD. I had blood draws every 3 days and the first couple looked good and then...
I'm so with all of you ladies. If I spent the time I think about having another baby cleaning or doing something else productive, wow, Dh wouldn't know what happened! For me it's really the same thing. My brain tells me it would be foolish. We're close to 40, we have two healthy children, my youngest is getting ready to start pre-school next year and I will begin to have more job flexiblity as he goes to school more. The main thing for us is that our daughter goes to...
I was in a very similar boat 4 years ago. DD was/is very sensitive and was a very attatched little nurser. DH and I made the decision for us that the nursing relationship was more important than medical assistance to try for another child. That said, as DD approached 3 I really began to work on my diet. I lost around 20 pounds and decided to take Metformin. At that point DD was nursing for comfort, not really nutritionally and I felt the risk of passing on Metformin...
Just wanted to give a thank-you to Jaime for all her support to everyone here. I'm not very good at remembering names, but I can really relate to so many of you. Piglet, it is strange to view shopping in such a different way. DH and I decided on an Easter budget and now I'm thinking about how I can spend less and have more to snowball. That would have been unheard of in the past. It really helps me to read what everyone else is doing, so keep up the good work ladies. ...
Well, I just wanted to say good for you. Our situation is a bit different, but I can relate. We moved back to our home town to be closer to family about 10 years ago. We debated about what to do house-wise. We had no children so while we contemplated our options we stayed in my parents' home. It's on 40 acres and we had a builder come and give us an estimate based on a house plan. Then my father suggested we remodel their walkout basement. My parents are older, my...