or Connect

Posts by socialworkmamma

Well, no answer but wanted to let you know I totally relate! I have a just turned 7 DD and just turned 3 DS. I sometimes so want to try for a third, then I wonder if it would really be fair to my children. They are really developing the sweetest relationship and I wonder how a third child would impact everything. I also think about work. Right now I work part-time by seeing four clients for therapy and then also doing contract work for an adoption agency. I would...
I'm here ladies! And shock of all shocks, I'm loving being on a budget Never thought in a million years I would say that. We're into about week 6 and things are just so much better between DH and I. We've always been close and had very few issues, but the ones we've had have always been about money. Our church has offered the program for a few years and I always made excuses not to go, no one was going to tell me how to spend my money and I didn't want to give up my...
Yes I think it's due to finite resources, both in the animal and human world. I know my children are more likely to bicker among themselves when I'm focused on other things and they are needing to compete more for my attention. Also, there are days when someone is just going to get on our nerves no matter what, kwim? Pamela
Well, I didn't answer your poll 'cause I really think it depends on what your progesterone numbers are after ovulation. Have you talked to your dr. about natural progesterone suppositories? I have PCOS and became pregnant with both my children using vitex. After the positive hCG my progesterone was checked. With DD it was low from the start and I started right away. With DS it looked good for a week, then I started spotting and it tested low. I also had the fun of...
I would love to know how you did it. My DD is way into fairies right now. She loves to watch the dvd Kristen's Fairy House and we've gone out in our timber and made a fairy house. Something for inside would be lots of fun that doesn't cost a fortune. I'm glad you found something to make your daughter happy. Pamela
Just had to share DS's latest nursie move. He was trying to almost do a handstand on my knee while nursing and I was afraid he was going to flip over and hurt himself, so I unlatched him. He sadly looked up at me and told me he was just practicing for his talent show. Well, really, how do you argue with that....... (we did modify the routine for the sake of safety)
My DD just turned 7 last Tuesday and we purchased a Wii. It's the first game system we've ever purchased, and it's the only thing she's ever asked for and really wanted. So far, we don't regret it. She has had a blast and it's been fun for us as well. We limit her time. She also purchased a Littlest Petshop toy with money from Grandma. She and her friends had a great time playing with it at her party. She also loves to color and we bought a large fairy coloring book...
Yep, Noggin is about the only thing we'll let the kids watch . No ads, and our PBS Kids channel has ads on it now. Noggin shows Little Bear, which is hands down the best show for kids ever, IMHO. I love to watch it with them and think, I would love to live in the woods like Emily and her Grandmother, with Little Bear and his family for my friends and neighbors. A really great use of imagination and lots of AP stuff. Pamela
I lurk here and just wanted to share from the other side. My little girl was almost 7 weeks early and weighed under 4 pounds. We don't know why, but it was better for her to be out than to have stayed in. Anyway, she stayed very petite for a long time and we really had to deal with the constant comments. I was so protective and she did not go into Wal-Mart until her 6th b-day, as a treat with my mom. I'll never forget running a quick errand at the mall with her in the...
I would second that you did the right thing at the party. Also, it's important to remember that typically the type of bullying girls experience is of a social nature, rather than physical. I don't know if that applies to your experience or not, but it's what I remember. In so many ways I think typical boy bullying is easier to get a handle on and most schools have very clear policy about zero tolerance of any type of physical agression. Sadly many times it's the social...