or Connect

Posts by Bridie's Mama

My groin area, surrounding muscles and muscles right on there are just so SORE! I am 38 wks and just assumed it was that b/c it's my 3rd kid my muscles just are looser sooner, but MAN, it's hard to squat down and get up...if I sit too long (really 5 min. or longer) in one spot and get up, I have to do it slowly. Normal? Anyone else experiencing this?
I use West Sub. Women's Health out of Willowbrook. There are 4 ob/gyns and 3 midwives. I go to the midwives, but have seen some of the mds and have always had a really good experience. They deliver babies out of Hinsdale Hospital.
We side carred our 2nd baby's crib from day 1 until he was at least 18 months old. LOVED it. He started out having his own space, but literally right next to our space. And b/c our daughter was still sleeping with us, it made the bed less crowded. Here's a GREAT site to show how to do it discussing safety and not having any area where they could fall accidentally, etc. It's very thorough and we actually had to use the high density foam which the site discusses b/c...
I second the rec. for WSWomen's Health. I delivered my 2nd baby with Patti the midwife and am currently going there for my 3rd child as well. I go w/the midwives, but have seen the drs on occasion. I think I saw Murray...she was fine. I also know a doula who is very familiar w/lots of ob/gyns and she was happy to hear I was w/this practice. I also have a lot of friends who go with this group: http://www.westsubmidwives.com/ They're in Oak Park and are a group of...
Hi all, We need to get a new laptop and I'm asking those of you who are much more in the trenches than I (my oldest is 4), which computer would be better to get...a mac or a pc? I've heard there isn't as much software with macs & i'm not sure if this would be a detriment with homeschooling? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
So my dh & I have our 10 year college 'reunion' this weekend. We're planning on bringing the kids and my parents to watch them while we're out. There will be swimming, a hotel stay and visit to our old college campus, dinners out and then to the bar. Now, the 'problem' is the area to which we are traveling has had multiple school closings due to the flu spreading there in a big way already (talking as in one of the school districts there had 40% of the kids out). So...
I could've written your post. I'm also dealing with 4 year old defiance and ignoring and back talk. Curious to see what others have to say. I'm at my wits end and her behavior is rubbing off onto her 2 year old brother. You're not alone.
Talk me down mamas...CD info is SO overwhelming! 1st question: should/can I start with my 2 year old who isn't quite showing readiness for potty training yet? If so, what do you recommend (and please use abbreviations with whatever they mean in parentheses b/c I don't know them yet! ) 2nd question: How do you start with a newborn? I'm reading prefolds are easy...what kind of cover is best then? Are they also easy to care for? Wouldn't they leak? 3rd...
I'm willing to try out cloth diapering with my ds who is 2 and not potty trained and with our newborn to be in January. My husband, on the other hand, as he put it would rather name our child something he hated than do cloth diapering. Wow. Partly my fault b/c I'm terrible about laundry and I know I would need to get on the ball with that. But the other thing is he thinks it's just completely inconvienent and so much easier to do disposables. Give me some talking...
My 2 kids have Irish family names--having family names and having them have an Irish background are important to us when we name our kids. We've got the boy name picked already. But our girl choices are: Nora Margaret (Maggie) Kathleen Maura What do you think? Nora is my great-grandma's name, Margaret is my grandma (and a bunch of great-grandmas), Kathleen is an aunt and Maura would be after my name. I'd prefer the name not to be a very common one b/c...