or Connect

Posts by Bridie's Mama

I had them for about a week starting at 20 weeks too. It freaked me out b/c #1 I had never experienced them (to my knowledge) with the 1st 2 kids and #2 they were happening over 6 times in an hour...not getting stronger, just not letting up. So I went in and got manually checked and my m/w said all felt well, but it wasn't until my ultrasound where I mentioned this to the dr doing it and he measured the cervix and said it was longer than it needed to be which was a good...
Wow...I didn't even think that my baby will be here during Lent...however we usually wait until they're about 4-5 months anyway to baptize. I guess I would just say get help...if you can afford it, get the food catered. If not, why don't you just have an early afternoon baptism and then just have "refreshments" afterwards rather than a full out meal. Tea/coffee/pop and cookies/cake/fruit...simple and easier than an entire meal and if you hold it early in the afternoon...
We're heading to our doc tomorrow who is an hour away, so it's quite the venture out. I'm still on the fence about MMR. She's 4 so her system is better developed than the recommended start age of 15 months, but I'm still just not sure. A couple of things. If it's a live virus can I be affected if I'm pregnant? How could that affect her little 2 year old brother who hasn't been vaxed for MMR? Also, could she be immune to it? Is there a titer test I could request...
Southwest burbs (not west) are going to be your best bet then (accd. to your specific needs). I will tell you though, a 150-250 range isn't going to get you a whole lot, but it will get you a whole lot more than if you move anywhere worth moving in the city of Chicago or the northwest/western burbs...all have great areas but have very highly priced homes. FWIW, we're in the sw burbs (Tinley Park) and my husband works about 20 min. northeast of Midway (still on the...
I LOVE Michael...but Michael in full, not Mike. I think it would go great with your other kids. My 2nd choice would be Daniel. I"m not a big fan of Xavier.
Alastair for sure. When I read the Alasdair name I wasn't sure what it said. I've only seen it with the T and think people wouldn't know how to pronounce the other.
We have a large bedroom, thankfully. Our set up is 2 full sized beds pushed together, mattresses on their box springs...the typical set up is dh, dd (4), me, ds (2) and bed rails on each side. My 3rd baby is due in January. Once he/she is born, my idea to start with is to side car the crib and have it go: crib, me, ds, dh, dd...except what do I do if the newborn is waking everyone up (do I just take him/her and we sleep in a different room for a while ? Or do I...
Sorry, but I don't like it at all. It seems like a color with a suffix. I've never heard it and don't care for it.
I immediately think: "Hmm...maybe we *should* add this back to our list!" This is always a name I have had on our girl list. It's 2nd on our list for a girl this time around, though I thought I had settled on a different name until I saw this post! I personally don't worry too much about the shortening thing. I think if you just call her Kathleen, she'll be Kathleen. I know 2 Kathleens who have no nicknames. I also know a Kathleen who is a Kat and yet another who is...
Hi mamas, This is just for fun. I'm due at the end of Jan and we don't know if we're having a boy or a girl. If we have another boy I would like him named after my dad who is named John. We are not going to actually name him John, but would like an Irish name that means John. Give me your thoughts on Sean or Owen/Eoin--Eoin is the traditional Irish spelling, but I'm concerned no one would know how to pronounce it, hence the Anglicized version of Owen. Both names...