or Connect

Posts by Bridie's Mama

This link is a little more up to date...http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=368988
Homefirst....no firsthand experience here, but I've heard mixed reviews...if you go onto the Find your Tribe forum under Illinois, search and you'll find some people talking about Homefirst there. As for doctors, you don't say where you're located. But I do know there is a dr in Skokie/Lincolnwood who does separate MMR vaccines...Dr. Minkus...9977 Woods Dr (between Golf Rd & Old Orchard Rd) Skokie, IL 60077 (847) 663-0540 He's received great reviews. Our...
Quote: Originally Posted by gen_here 1. If you were visiting a congregation, either as a traveler or while seeking a new church home, what would be your response in finding out that children are "strongly encouraged" to be in the nursery for a good part of the service (including, but not limited to, the sermon)? I would not like it...I would understand where they were coming from to an extent, but I don't like that attitude. Church is just as if not more...
I had 2 close calls today w/my 2 1/2 yr old walking home from the park today. We only have to cross 2 streets, and we're in a fairly quiet neighborhood, but cars fly around the corners too fast in my neighborhood. I'm not talking about *when* we cross (we are always holding hands or carrying her), I'm talking about on the walk as she's walking on the sidewalk approaching the street. Until she understands it, I will have her on a harness when we're in busy traffic areas...
I thought the following was rather appropriate to send to you all...it's not by accident that someone sent this to me today! Check out especially verses 4-8! Titus 3 Doing What is Good 1Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, 2to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men. 3At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by...
Quote: Originally Posted by MamaLuvsHerBabies And, they don't preach to people at your new church? I think there are a lot of people who go to a lot of churches who 'do' things without understanding why they do them, not just Catholics. Yet, if you take the time to understand why you are doing certain things within the Catholic church, I believe it brings you into a much closer relationship with God than you can find in a non-catholic church. The...
Quote: Originally Posted by StacyL No one is "saved" (not even Catholics). It is entirely dependent upon one's actions and fighting the good fight and perservering until the end. That is why Catholics, as St. Paul says, work out our salvation with fear and trembling. Whoa....where do you get this from? Salvation is not based on one's actions and fighting the good fight...it's based on the free gift of salvation by grace given to us from God. ...
People should remember life should be about glorifying God in all we do & that our relationship with God & how we use that to better ourselves, is what is important in the grand scheme of things. I think God is much more forgiving than the Church would have people believe. Often times I think Jesus would shudder at how we act in regards to all the rules, following the rules of the Church, but not following the laws of God in regards to how we live our lives daily. ...
Ok, I'll bite! Well, I am Catholic, born & raised. I attended Catholic grammar school, high school & college. I was very active in high school with ministry activities & more so in college with our campus ministry. And before becoming a mom, I taught in the Catholic schools for 6 years. That's my background. Without a drawn out story, we started to associate with people from a non denominational church in our area. We heard a lot of people talking about how...
Thank you, Mamas! You've got some great ideas!!