or Connect

Posts by Bridie's Mama

Quote: Originally Posted by Nolamom Talk to her about "feeling" shy, rather than being shy. I do not insist that she speak to people, but tell her that it is polite to answer and that if she's not feeling like "using her words" that she can always answer by waving hello or goodbye, etc. I love these 2 points! Using the word "feeling" is such a better explaination...it's ok to feel shy, angry, etc, but doesn't mean we are [I]always[I]...
I have this book that talks about your blood type & baby's blood types affecting your body by what foods you eat. For example, type A blood babies would want to avoid certain foods that might cause eczema. Is there anything to this? I ask because we just started giving our 9 mo. old baby banana & sweet potato as 1st solid foods & all of a sudden he had a nasty diaper rash (which I just attributed to solid foods affecting his digestive track) & then dry & red patches...
Just curious how you told your extended family (i.e. the grandparents or other important people in the lives of your kids) that you'd be h/s. Specifically I am asking about the people who were very skeptical. Did you arm yourself with literature & sit them down one day, or did you write a letter & then have the discussion, or just tell them outright one random day? I have a while before I'll need to do this, but with my in-laws in town this weekend, they made a comment...
Yeah, yeah, I know toddlers will do these things, but I'd be pissed anyway, because that would be the Mama Bear coming out in me. This happened at a class we took also (not as serious though). I would do 2 things...actually 3...1st I'd keep a very close watch on my child, 2nd, if something did happen, I would jump in, not worry about what everyone else thinks & tell the other child that he should be using GENTLE touches with the other kids & that isn't acceptable to hurt...
I just thought I'd throw this out there. My dd (2 1/2) is shy when she first gets into a new situation. She eventually warms up though. She is very much a "watcher" until she feels comfortable. Is there a point where I should encourage her more to "just jump in" or just let her take her time? Also how do you handle it when people try to push your child to do something before you know they're ready...meaning, do you use the phrase "she/he's shy/timid" or something like...
This happened to me. I kept getting these calls from U of ___ (affiliated w/our ped) & they kept leaving messages saying they were doing a survey. I never called back, but found it odd they were singling me out also. I called my dr's office & they told me they absolutely don't release the info, however, my insurance company has access to what I do/don't do & that maybe the survey place got it from them? Still don't know for sure, and don't care! Random people calling...
Angels We Have Heard On High The First Noel (which she pronounces "No wa well") Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Itsy Bitsy Spider Jesus Loves the Little Children The theme to Elmo's World ABCs Jingle Bells The Wheels on the Bus
Just would like to get some information (from a book or website) in place to treat our kids just in case they came down with one of the "old time" diseases (pertussis, measles, mumps, etc....). Thanks!
Has anyone either been raised going to 2 different Christian churches consistently (like 2x a month for each)? Or is anyone raising their children this way? Pros/cons? I'm asking because we are finding that we get spiritually fed & think our children will be spiritually fed best in both churches. One is Catholic, one is a community/non denominational. We are active in both. Neither church contradicts the other biblically (meaning we are learning the same...
Thanks everyone for your support & suggestions. It's good to know there are people who walk in similar shoes!!