or Connect

Posts by Bridie's Mama

Quote: Originally Posted by leewd Bridie's Mama - I don't think you are asking for impossible advice at all! Thanks, I don't either! And thank you to everyone who tried to give me something to run with! It's been a huge struggle for me the last couple of days!
Laoxinat said "First, I am going to preface this with a reminder- you chose to have another child when your first was just a little older that a year. That's very close together, and of course it is stressful. So it's important for you to take this responsibilty, because otherwise, you will feel like a victim. I am not criticizing. I have no idea what your situation is. But I do know that you made a decision to have another baby when your first was very very young. So...
How can I have him sleep in a carrier & be able to be on the floor or doing whatever w/my 2 year old? He wakes up...he's extremely social & if he hears people, he's up. I know there are people who's babies go to sleep on their own & these mommas don't let them cio. I don't advocate cio which is why I'm coming to you all. There has to be another way. And, I'm curious as to when the "appropriate" age is to expect them to fall asleep on their own? Sorry if I sound...
I have a 2 yr old daughter & a 7 mo. old son. Without all the detail here's the bottom line. My son needs to learn to fall asleep on his own. I can't keep having him stay awake & be so tired...it's not healthy for him. My daughter makes it impossible to rock him to sleep mostly b/c she's loud, but she needs my supervision too. What can I do? Give me an idea, a book to read, something please. I'm becoming angry w/her b/c she's so loud when he finally falls asleep & I...
For those who've trained before, what were your child's readiness signs? In other words, how did you know it was time to start?
How much underwear do you suggest buying for the beginnings of potty training?
We're going to be starting to potty train. I'm not sure what to start with (pull ups or pants)? Any suggestions? Any good "training" books out there for parents? Any insight you'd like to share about potty training would be appreciated! Thanks!
Wow....your dh is really overreacting (and 2 year olds are still babies in my opinion!). First of all...totally normal for your little girl. Hooray for her to be so nurturing to her babes! My dd has been nursing her babies forever & both my dh & I encourage it. She is 2 now & even is to the point of being upset if she's wearing a onesie & can't unsnap it to get her shirt up to nurse! I say totally totally normal...heck, you see 8 year olds feeding bottles to their...
So we're in a "NO" & "I want" stage. What are some good positive ways to handle the NO stage? What about everything starting with "I want to......" (when she can't get what she wants). I'm looking for some tried & true ways to handle this stage in a positive way. She's also become a bit physical...started to hit me & kicking....what about this? How do I handle this? Time outs in her chair have worked to calm her down, but I'm not sure if this gets across that what...
I need Christmas gift ideas for my cousins...the girl is 13 & boy is 9. Both are mature for their ages, so I wouldn't guess she'd like something Britney Spears-like, but she might like some sort of trendy fashion item or something to do with cooking or baking....no idea for the boy. Anyone??? Also, it has to be something I could get from Target or somewhere like that. Thanks!!