or Connect

Posts by Spastica

Does coconut oil ruin adult toys? Prophylactics? Anything else I should be aware of? I really like coconut oil as a personal lube - just wondering if oil plus manufactured items equals degradation or anything. Thanks.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...=114069&page=5 This may help. I use plain ACV from the grocery store - grocery store brand or Heinz or whatever. The organic ACV is too gloppy for me. I dilute it with water by half and keep it in a spray bottle - I spray the bottom ends of my hair (from ears down) with the ACV spray. During the winter, I add some good conditioner with the ACV for extra moisturization. If no poo is too much of a hassle, you can do it every...
I posted a bigass thread on this previously. Hope this helps: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...=114069&page=5
Do shampoo and baking soda first to clean your hair of silicones and product buildup. Make sure you're using a shampoo that doesn't have that stuff in it. It may be easier to use a cheap commercial shampoo that is mainly detergent, rather than fancy schmancy shampoos with ten million ingredients. Use less and less shampoo each time you clean your hair to the point you don't use shampoo anymore. You can start introducing silicone free conditioner as you wean off your...
Thanks guys, I knew about the water thing, you're right - not drinking enough. I'll try the valerian root for sleeping - I'm starting to get post traumatic stress again and getting stressful, crazy dreams, I never feel rested despite any sleep I get. Thanks again.
I don't think they're wrinkles per se, but I look tired and there are tiny lines/creases underneath my eyes on the lower eyelid. How do I get rid of them? I'm under a lot of stress and can't sleep well, but is there a way to mechanically smooth them out a bit or make them less noticeable? I'm not that old either I moisturize and use sunscreen on my face. I notice them more this year since I've had a horrible year and I've lost weight.
Did you cleanse hair first with shampoo and baking soda like I mentioned? For most people, slapping baking soda on their hair won't get it clean. You have to dilute it first. Otherwise you may either get non-clean hair, or worse, you break your hair because you made softscrub with baking soda and made an abrasive and scratched your hair. I guess I didn't post the links to the simple conditioner and baking soda method - dilute simple conditioner (Suave Tropical...
I used to have the same problem, otherwise I'd be scratching the bejeezus out of my head if I didn't shampoo daily. It sounds odd, but overshampooing leads to more oily hair - it's the same with your face. Your skin/scalp overcompensates for what you keep stripping away. You have to wean your hair/skin off harsh detergents and either use less detergent cleansers or use more gentle cleansers. It takes time, but it works. I can actually skip days of...
I use the Parachute brand from the Indian store and I use it all over my body. It doesn't bother me. It's probably semi-refined and not organic or anything.
Quote: Originally Posted by Astrogirl I don't suppose I can sell anyone on the merits of hot wax? : I can't stand the way the Epilady feels, gripping and ripping one by one. But, I haven't tried it in something like 10 years. I use water soluble green apple hot wax and washable muslin cloth strips. Like i said, i first started waxing 10 years ago, and now I can go 3 months between noticable growth. I'm not sure if thats because of the waxing, or me...