or Connect

Posts by Spastica

Baking soda would not make you smell since it's odor reducing. I did read something interesting today regarding odor today on the Dr. Weil site - a lot of it has to do with what you eat and how your particular body chemistry deals with it: http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/QAA400261 http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/id/ART00320 For most people, lots of caffiene aggravates the stink factor.
No poo means "No Shampoo" - in the strictest sense, not using commercial detergent-based shampoos. Many commercial detergent shampoos include sodium lauryl sulfate and/or sodium laureth sulfate which overcleanses hair and leaves curly hair looking frizzy or curl-less. So 'no-pooing' is an alternative method of cleansing hair that doesn't ruin your curls. Besides SLS and SLES (mentioned above), use of silicones sometimes can leave your hair brittle and it has a hard...
Use baking soda, please, instead of borax. Using borax on your hair is like putting Drano on your head, the pH is very, very high (around pH 11 or 13). Baking soda is around 8.2, where plain water is at neutral at 7. If you ever got borax into your eyes or let it sit on your scalp, you could have chemical burns from the high pH. I think there was one person who tried that here and had good results, I remember a post once, and I tried to quickly nip it in the bud by giving...
Same here... Hugs to those who are crying or go through the day crying on the inside. The world is simply not the same without the ones we loved so much.
For what it's worth, here's what I have read in some books and learned from some mediums regarding the spirit world, you can ignore this post if this goes against your teachings, principles, religion, etc - "God" or some higher being/beings has nothing to do with our sufferings or our fortunes here. We have somewhat of a path that we choose before we are born, and there are signs along the road as well as people we meet to help us achieve certain goals - however, we do...
Adding to Naturalyst's comment - any kind of lemonade mix, with only yellow or no food coloring may fare better if you don't want orange or red food coloring.
I fill an industrial spray bottle (I get mine from Costco) with some powdered OxiClean and hot water. I don't fill it to the top since the gas needs to escape. I let it sit so I know some of the gas comes out (hydrogen) and then I spray my tile and grout. It gets super clean. It doesn't do much to clean the sealant, but that's something we all have problems with and you kind of have to use bleach for that rubbery area. OxiClean is environmentally friendly but high in...
Not at all - it's in a lot of skincare products on the market. Olive oil is cool because like...99% of people on the planet are not allergic to it. Mix the apple cider vinegar and olive oil together and take a few drops, rub it in your hands and rub it on your freshly scrubbed/washed face. It will look oily for a little while but then soak into your skin. Sleep with this on overnight and the next day you will look awesome. Even more potent, you can put some tea tree oil...
Scrubbing your face with brown sugar or baking soda also works as a cheap alternative to microdermabrasion. Moisturize well afterward, you can even use a combination of olive oil and apple cider vinegar (equal parts) for an overnight treatment to get rid of blemishes, dark discolorations, and your skin will be baby smooth and soft. For even a better microdermabrasion, get the Arm and Hammer Baking soda in a plastic bottle made for cleaning, not baking. It has bigger...
Cotton, even if it's soaked, can be a huge intestinal blocker, try canned pumpkin instead.