or Connect

Posts by Spastica

What does a girl gotta do to get some fried chicken in Atlanta? All the chicken places are closing down@!!!!(*$)(!*$)(*!!!! ok. I know this has nothing to do with natural living or better health or whatever. It's Friday and I'm hungry and hyper at the same time and I'm dawdling from doing any real work. MmmMMmMmm cheeeken.
Most citrus oils are top notes, meaning the scent does not linger for very long (unless it's a synthetic scent). Also, a lot of essential oils have their own natural solvent-like chemical compounds, or have man-made/artificial solvents (so that it's cheaply made and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg) that evaporate quickly. Try something that is a base note, maybe you'd have more luck. Aromatic...
My latest method is: - Scrub armpits in shower with baking soda. Rinse - Spray diluted apple cider vinegar on pits. Rinse. - Get out of shower, towel-dry off. Rub liquid coconut oil all over body (great for winter skin) and add an extra 1/2 teaspoon on each pit and rub in. Stench free all day. It smells great when you put it on. By the end of the day, it doesn't smell coconutty but it smells like a regular product, like a wax. I think it smells like fresh new...
Thanks for backin' me up Kosh - that's what my point was. You can't just say "alcohol is evil" or "all alcohols are drying" and not understand the difference between the types of alcohols.
You can just get a jar of shea butter or cocoa butter and be done with it. Though the mixed/whipped concoction mentioned above seems really nice, you can just get away with just using shea or cocoa if you're itching to get something emollient on your body (pun intended).
I was referring to ethyl being drying - I did find something at some point that prolonged use of rubbing alcohol absorbed into the bloodstream was bad, but of course, you have to pick and choose what you want to use vs. not. As for Arbonne - I just picked that PDF info sheet out because I couldn't eloquently tell people the difference between ethyl and cetyl by myself like you have The point was that Arbonne and other companies do use cetyl, and it's a good thing to...
Dickenson's has 14%, but the kind of alcohol in that one isn't the same kind that dries skin. There are different kinds of alcohols, some of which are moisturizing (you'll find some in conditioners). General marketing will scare you off with "no harsh alcohols!" but some alcohols are very good for skincare and haircare. Some good alcohols are cetyl and benzyl. The bad kind is ethyl, which is rubbing alcohol. I was trying to find a link to help show my point. It's...
I agree with VJ. Also, try using a spray bottle for your acidic rinse so you can put enough on your hair (ears down only). Yes, rinse it out with plenty of water. I use a 1/2 water to half ACV combo, but you can dilute it more. For beginners, I usually recommend the 1/2 and 1/2 and work their way from there and dilute as needed to avoid the static, flat hair, or dry hair. If your hair has any wave to it, or because it's thick, or needs moisture, you may try the...
Well, the soap is from some soapmaking class I went to. It has oatmeal and I can smell a little cinnamon or something in it. It's just a big fat chunky bar of soap. I usually use Dove green tea/cucumber for my skin and general shower stuff. Natural soap can be so drying. : Yes, I know I probably made people mad by saying that, since most people here think natural soap is the best thing BEFORE sliced bread, but whenever I've used natural soap, it's drying. Hair...
For winter, cocoa butter is excellent and it smells like chocolate It gets rid of cracked heels and chapped skin. I am also using coconut oil after my shower (liquid form). Also, having a humidifier on during winter months makes a HUGE difference. Indoor heat and moisture-less winds outside wreak havoc on your skin and dry you out from the inside (your nasal cavities also get dry and start cracking). Humidifiers keep you from itching and it'll help with static...