or Connect

Posts by Spastica

Considering you're a Garnier fan, you probably still some shampoo to get rid of the silicones or else no-poo won't work for you. I'm not sure if the shampoos have silicones - my hunch is that silicones don't clean hair, so it's in the conditioners only. What type of shampoo is it? I can look up the ingredients online and see if it has silicones. You can also just swipe some shampoo from somebody else in the house, or ransack your house for any shampoo samples (I know...
Probably not - I've toned with ACV, not washed it off, let it dry on my face and then used moisturizer, it didn't do anything but make my face wonderful in the morning. You probably just have a strong concoction or maybe you're doing this regimen too often for your skin type.
The conditioner works well for people with thick hair, coarse hair, fragile/dry, or curly hair. Some people can do okay with baking soda and ACV only if they have normal or straight hair, or basically hair that doesn't require much moisture. Some people like baking soda and conditioner because it's easier to work with in hair than just baking soda and water. If you want to know what conditioners to use, check this forum...
Use your baking soda to deodorize the drain or for cleaning the tub or something. I'm afraid all those odor smells will get into your clothing if you use it for your wash. I've heard of warming up a cup of baking soda water in the microwave to deodorize. After that, use a paste of baking soda and water to scrub down the walls of the microwave and wipe again with clean damp cloth to get rid of residue.
This forum and no-poo method would work best for you: http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...=1#post5358746 If you don't want to use vinegar, you can use lemon juice (but it may lighten your hair if you have really dark hair), or use some other kind of vinegar that doesn't smell so bad, like a fruit vinegar or even balsamic. Most people agree that if you get out the shower and smell ACV, you didn't rinse it out correctly.
It's probably because you exfoliated and then had the ACV on, so your skin may be a bit 'over-prepped'. I've noticed that if I make too much ACV mixture, even at 50/50, it may get a little stronger over time (especially if it's organic) because ACV has mother in it and it regenerates itself! You may just need to add more water, or rinse the ACV after you tone with it. I actually do the baking soda stuff in the shower and splash some ACV on my face afterward (same...
You sound like you need to do the curly-girl no poo routine. It has more moisture in it and conditioners. I can't use ACV by itself either for the most part, or else my hair gets too dry and it doesn't 'hold together' well. Check out the curly girl forum and get tips there. Mix your baking soda with some lightweight conditioner. Use your ACV or lemon juice rinse, but then then use conditioner on top of that and THEN rinse with water.
If you use baking soda, you're going to have to use the ACV or lemon juice rinse or else you'll have static, frizz, or flat hair with the baking soda, especially in the winter. If you're getting rid of old products and silicones from your hair - i.e. using baking soda and shampoo, follow up with conditioner, even if you need to use a little more.
There may be some health issues with using rubbing alcohol everyday, that's why most people are trying not to use it. Witch hazel is also antibacterial, antifungal, and antiseptic - which is why it's always in the antiseptic aisle.
Witch hazel may be an option too - its like rubbing alcohol without all the stinging or potential seeping into the blood (and doing any potential harm).