or Connect

Posts by wemoon

I am a social worker, and as a PP said, not all social workers work with children. I work with people living with HIV/AIDS (some of which ARE children, but beside the point). A social worker would not behave that way. If a social worker behaves that way, you can report them to your state social work board. We have pretty extensive ethical requirements placed upon us and I would say that was unethical practice. Would say more, but gotta go...
I would want to know more about why she told you off before I can really vote. I have quit committees before when I felt that it just wasn't working.
I would love to comment on the HIV/AIDS discussion, but think I might become too angry. All I'll say right now is that each person is responsible for their own sexual health, and should not take anything for granted. Criminalizing a disease is just wrong.
Quote: Originally Posted by ameliabedelia I don't believe that choosing not to vax comes with any more responsibility than choosing to vax. If you are going to hold someone liable if they infect someone else with certain diseases, then it needs to be held whether that person is vaccinated or not. A fully vax'd child with pertussis has no more business being out in public than a non-vax'd child with pertussis. Vaccination status should really have...
Quote: Originally Posted by confustication Hmm... it's kind of freeing to go clothes exploring instead of clothes shopping...
Just my opinion... I would personally use a bike trailer instead of a seat. If I fall down, the trailer stays upright. If I fall down with kiddo in the seat on the bike, kiddo falls down... and a lot further than me relative to their size. I would really read up on it before deciding because there has been some articles discussing the pros and cons of each.
I would totally go. We go to bars all the time for food... even some that are very much more bar than grill. Minors are allowed in before 10pm in my state and there is no smoking allowed in any bar. Some of the best burgers are found at bars! As far as the alcohol goes, I drink beer and wine and would much rather model responsible drinking than the whole "just say no" approach, because I personally no how well that doesn't work!
Quote: Originally Posted by Barbie64g So Im killing some time, and was thinking about the thread where the OP is super pregnant and some inconsiderate driver parked like they owned two spots. So im wondering. 1.)if you see someone parked really strangely, do you avoid being parked next to them and find another spot? So you don’t inadvertently cause the above situation. 2.)If someone parks next to you like that, how hard to you have to fight the...
Quote: Originally Posted by JTA Mom Wemoon, how do you keep your spirits up in those stalls? And seeing all those ill fitting clothes on? I usually start a shopping trip all happy, but 20 minutes in, I get all depressed. I keep viewing fitting problems as my body's problem, rather than as a garment issue. But then again, each time I've had pressure to find something right then. Maybe if there isn't pressure, I wouldn't feel so bad? I have a Kohl's...
Quote: Originally Posted by JTA Mom This is where I am at right now. I really love the layering look, the flowy tops/skirts, etc as well. So do you regularly go to the stores just to try on stuff? How do you know if what you are buying will 'fit' in with what you have? Yes, I do go to stores a lot just to try on some things. It is my "me" time, where I go by myself, browse and try on. Usually, I pair it with a cup of coffee... I...