or Connect

Posts by RomanGoddess

It's been a while since I've been able to get back to this thread. In answer to the questions:   Tuberous breasts: the jury is out (at least for me it is). When I look at images of tuberous breasts, most of them do not look anything like mine, because I was flat. But the protruding areola certainly would suggest that they are tuberous. Here is the photo that I think best reflects what mine looked like before...
 If she complained that she was too tall and or too short and she fell within the norms, I would validate her wish to be taller or shorter and tell her that (unfortunately), there's not much we can do about that that, as she is totally within the norm and she does not have any disorder or abnormality. If she complained that she was too tall or too short and did NOT fall within the norm, I would take her to a doctor and check for hormonal imbalance or chromosomal disorder...
 Honestly, I completely see your point. I'm very torn about telling her. On the one hand, yes, I want to disclose all in the interests of being authentic and real as you put it. On the other hand, I don't want to set her up with an **expectation** that she's going to be flat-chested because I was flat-chested. 
 I would like to meet with a doctor NOW just to discuss the issues. I don't want my daughter there. I would just like to discuss, in full detail, my own history with the doctor (early pubic hair, development of large areola/nipple at age 12 but no breast buds and no development of breast tissue, menarche at age 13, severe back acne until age 30 when I finally went on acutane, 21-24 day menstrual cycle). There are a few red flags there that maybe will give an...
 Yes, I agree, it is a difficult line to walk. I am taking great care not to project my worries to her at this point. In our discussions, I have told her that everyone is different, some women are flat, some are big. I don't want to tell her that I am flat yet because I don't know how that will psychologically set her up for expecting to be flat as well, and you never know how mind affects body in the end. What I don't want to do is replicate my own mother's approach,...
 I am happy to teach my DD to be proud of her body but I am certainly not going to ignore her worries. I understand the "everyone is different and every body should be accepted" point of view but I also understand (because I've been there) a girl who would like to be able to wear an evening gown, a sexy dress, a strapless shirt or dress, a bikini bathing suit (heck any bathing suit with cups). Telling my daughter that she needs to learn to accept her body and be proud of...
I'm not sure how to start this thread. Basically, I never really developed any breast tissue. I ended up with large areolas/nipples at age 12 and that's it. Nothing more ever developed after that. I hit the other puberty milestones - got my period at age 13 - but never got breasts. I finally got implants in my 20s.   This will probably sound shallow to some people, but I am terrified, I mean really terrified, that my daughter will end up with the same curse (yep, curse)...
I just checked on the map. Crozen is very far away from Tours. It's in Brittany! 
Hi Nicole, I have just found your post. We live in the Middle East for most of the year but have a house in the Loire Valley where we stay in the summer. It's one hour on the TGV and there's lots of nature there! If you ever decide to visit the area, let me know. I would love to meet up. I have a 4-year old boy and a soon-to-be 9 year old girl.   There also www.messageparis.org if you're looking for an English-speaking moms' group in Paris. They're not all...
Our house is near Tours. Anyone else live near there? We spend June, July, and August there.