or Connect

Posts by mamacrab

Thank you, everyone, for sharing your stories!! I was afraid I wouldn't get any responses. It feels really nice to know that I'm not the only one who is co-sleeping with a "big kid." I know, it shouldn't matter what others are doing- I need to follow my own heart- but sometimes it feels nice "finding your tribe," too. Mamasoleil,thank you for posting that beautiful pic!!! Did everyone followthat link? If you didn't, go take a peek right now. Those two sweet...
Help me please!! This has been stumping me for days and I have tried to be clever and figure it out but I am officially giving up! IIRC? I've seen it often lately.
6' 0" Hi Mavourin! (fellow six-footer!) My dh is 6 feet, too- I can wear all his clothes!
Quote: Originally posted by jmunch My mother brought her a Mr. Rogers book about having a new sibling and she was pretend reading it and she said "when you have a new brother, you can't hit him in the head". LOL!!!! Toddlers are so priceless!! Sounds like your little sweetie is trying her hardest. Good for you for lovingly helping her through this joyful yet stressful transistion to big-sister-hood!
Hello, my name is mamacrab and I co-sleep with my 6 and a half year old. I feel like I need some support, reassurance, and validation about this. I KNOW it is the right thing for me and my daughter...but I also know (think?) it is pretty unusual in our culture. I'd like to hear form other long-range co-sleepers who aren't trying to solve the "problem" because it is not a problem to me! Why do I co-sleep with dd? There are many reasons: 1) DD is an...
(((((Mary))))))) I really feel for you! In my opinion you were way too kind to apologize to your BIL! Did *he* apologize to your 22 month old?? But I understand, you don't want to yell and have a fit- you want to remain calm. I do have some advice, but following it might be difficult, depending on how supportive your dh is. I think the reason you snapped is because you were under so much pressure. Decide with dh ahead of time how much you can take before...
Luna, I would ask her. You don't even have to let her know that you find it bothersome if you don't want to. You are honestly curious as to why she does this (and so am I!). Ask her and post her answer here! My thought was maybe she reads "normally" at other times of the day- but you are seeing a more "interactive" story time? Hey, I just thought of somethng! Maybe she is modeling for the kids how to pick up and enjoy a book before you can read! I did this...
There is no doubt, Pugmadmama is brilliant and articulate! It runs in our family. (Pug is my sister IRL) :LOL :LOL
Maybe you can coach her on meeting these needs without waking you up? Practice with her. Pretend you are both sleeping and whisper, "OK, dd, you just woke up and your thirsty- what should you do?" "OK, you just woke up and you're chilly- what should you do?" And have everything she needs within easy reach (sippy cup of water, blanket, etc.) Good luck!
My daughter used the sling occasionally until she was about 3 and a half and I got pregnant. I was still slinging her when she was *40 pounds*!!! But it was just an occasional thing. Specifically, whenever we went hiking, I would pack the sling ( a WAHM, OTSBH-type sling) amd when she got tired, into the sling she would go. We have so many cute pics of her snoozing through the last part of our hikes. But as for slinging *TWO* 35-pounders, wow, is that...