or Connect

Posts by momea

Oh man do I hear you! The fighting, the arguing ... the insanity!!! It drives me nuts! And I remember saying (i must love being humbled) when I was pg with #2 - "oh I remember fighting with my brothers all the time but I don't know why it bothered my mom so much - couldn't she just ignore it?" I was talking with another mom and she said her six year old and her nine year old fought for over 1/2 hour over who would put the lid back on the chapstick. And...
Quote: Originally Posted by crunchy_mama The helpful moms at church always suggest toys and such to occupy Luke ... Then when they give him a toy of course it is exciting, because he has never seen it before. When I bring toys, they are likely to be projectiles. Why?! How?! Can a mother ever forget this? Once at church a well meaning woman gave my son some snacks - before I could get to him he chucked them over the railing (we were upstairs)....
I think it's probably unusual for people to "insist" that Santa is real and argue with their children about it - or even go to any great lengths to convince them. If a child is inclined to believe parents often encourage that (eating Santa's cookies, etc.) - but if a child isn't inclined to believe they probably wouldn't try to convince them. I think, with many things, it comes down to this - People Know Their Kids. Maybe a real literal kid who feels a strong need to...
Good luck to you! 1) How do you keep up with local, state, nation, world news? Do you use newspaper, satellite radio, local radio, magazines etc. I sign up for email alerts from Amnesty, Public Citizen, Organic Consumers Association, etc. - that way I'm on top of issues I care about. I want to stay informed, but I also don't want to be desensitized and overwhelmed/hopeless. I think TV news and even the newspaper are just too much for me - so I don't have a...
Quote: Originally Posted by herwitsend [I] /// i hope that for anyone who chooses to spank their children, it's never about mama having a bad day! that is a ridiculous way to explain away a behavior. i would dare to say that alot of violence and abuse pours out of a bad day! the bottom line is, you are the adult, grow up. accept the responsibility. if you chose to spank, make the decision, and don't apologize. but certainly don't blame it on a...
Quote: Originally Posted by tie-dyed ... in the US we live in a culture that has criminalized poverty. If CPS gets involved in a case where there are poverty issues, it is much, much harder to get rid of them when the initial problem is shown to be inocuous. Bingo!
Hi there, Here's some info for momma's in the Sacramento, CA area - our area is experiencing an outbreak of West Nile Virus, and our mosquito control district is aerially spraying our entire city with a pesticide. We're organizing to call on our leaders to implement a safer, more effective plan that includes comprehensive public outreach, increased larvae control and spot spraying. The long-term health effects of the known toxins in the spray are totally unknown -...
Great resource! A few more: Free the Slaves http://www.freetheslaves.net/home.php International Red Cross/Red Crescent http://www.ifrc.org/what/values/hvalues/index.asp
hey that's wonderful! nw attachment parenting is a great organization - i'm sure they would send you "leader training" packet and some info. http://www.nw-ap.org/ these groups can become really tight - i hope that's how it works for you! Eve
"I could check my watch to see if I have time to stop at Good Vibrations to see if they have any exciting new toys. I could even gaze pityingly at the other mothers in the group, wishing that they too could experience a love as deep as my own." okaay ... and here I thought love was about more than sex. i guess the more you screw your husband the more you love him.