or Connect

Posts by momea

Hi Mich & everyone, I feel for you! How awkward. It sounds like you've been uneasy with this for awhile, but are getting to the point where you are resolved to do something, just what? These family situations are so hard to handle, in my experience anyway. I tend to just avoid people I don't like, but I'm stuck with my family and I want my dd to have grandparents. Plus, there are no cut and dried solutions. And the problem really never has gone away for me. I deal...
Yes! I love this post! My dd is a year and a half and she has always been a do-it-now-and-by-myself kind of gal. Walking (and falling and falling) at 9 months, etc. My husband and I were talking last night about how glad we are though that she's like that. We do a lot of things differently and have learned SOOOO much more than we think we would have if she had been less intense. We take baby swim "lessons" - basically singing and bobbing around together. The entire...
Hi virgomama, I really enjoyed everyday blessings too - but i was left wondering "how do i do this??" - mindfulness sounded great but i needed some really concrete tips on how to get going. He wrote another book called "wherever you go there you are" that i really liked and also "it's easier than you think" by Sylvia Boorstein. Good luck!
I agree - not the same at all!!! I think by holding you are really sending the message, "I love you even when you are hurting/feeling sad/can't sleep" - you are actively accepting your child - cio is rejecting your child. It is hard to do though - it can hurt so to hear them cry!! I just want to refer you to the chapter on crying in Natural Family Living - it's the best stuff about crying I've read. For some reason I had the idea that in attached cultures children...
Hi PB's Mom, Yay for you! I had a planned home birth - unmedicated of course! I also would urge you to consider home birth if you really want to avoid drugs - at home you can't help but have the support to do this - I mean it helps knowing you have no other choice. At one point I remember whining to my husband "Why can't I have an epidural like everybody else?" I realized I really had no choice and was just going to have do this birth like women have been doing since...
Hi all, Just wondering if anyone here has heard of this ... my 1 year old dd has had three teeth on the bottom for at least a month. We're waiting for her second lateral to come in on the left. It's a no show so far. I mostly thought they came in as pairs, or at least even #s. Her top 4 came in together (pretty much) and the bottom 2 centrals weren't too far apart. Thanks!!
I think you did the right thing! Especially because she is a girl - girls are so often socialized to be "nice" even at their own expense or when they don't want to. I also, think she was standing up for herself. I would want to do what you did - and not make a big deal about her motivation for not sharing - because I want my daughter to be able to let people know when they are being jerks. How many times have we women put up with someone way too long when they were...