or Connect

Posts by momea

Quote: Originally Posted by sledg One of the things that makes mothering really hard is the idea that it's so easy to permanently scar our kids, to ruin them with our mistakes. THANK YOU! That would be a great thread all on its own. Bearsmom - you know one of the things that I do sometimes is I think - I'm a crappy mom - horrible! Oh, well then, I'll do something wonderful, you know, kinda cancel out the horrible-ness of me. So...
Just want to say thanks for the replys. I'm feeling more reassured. He did it again today - his will has kind of ratcheted up a notch lately and I guess this is a manifestation of that. Not that he's using his will to make himself pass out , but that he really really wants things to go a certain way now and gets super frustrated when they don't. Poor little guy. Thanks! Eve
Quote: Originally Posted by girlndocs Whoa, I just would never ever want to imply to my daughter that it was her job to make people (random strangers!) "feel good' by being polite to them. Somehow I knew someone would say that! I think it's okay to expect politeness. Not for the sake of making someone else "feel better" - but because it's just not okay to spit on someone because they are trying to be nice to you. To me politeness means...
Frank - thanks and thanks again! I thought you were a dr. though ...
Hi, Hope things are going better for you - they always seem to for me right after an "I'm losing it" post Just wanted to support you. Because this is what it's all about. Parenting. Being there. Doing it. No matter what. No matter how you feel. You're doing it. Even though it's hard. Really hard. Even when you don't want to. You can't do it perfectly. But you still don't give it, bag it, forget it. You undertake the struggle. Everyday. Every...
Sorry if this is redundant but your post just caught my eye and I had to respond - because my daughter used to do the same thing. And I had totally forgotten about it until my mother visited recently and we were reminiscing about when my daughter was a toddler. She also hated the attention she often got because she wore a "Dorothy" (Wizard of Oz) dress *all the time*. She also had red shoes. And I must say she's pretty cute She would yell at people - I remember...
Frank thank you so much for your informed reply! Our ped didn't mention the possibility of meatal stenosis. He was *certain* it was balanitis and that a topical cream would "do absolutely nothing". And I'm frustrated he didn't tell me a culture would be helpful. If he had mentioned meatal stenosis and the possibility of amoniacal dermatitis I could have told him that the last two batches of diapers I washed when the redness came on smelled *really* strongly of...
Hi all, My son holds his breath when he gets really frustrated. It's not intentional, it's just a way he has of crying sometimes - when he's really frustrated and tired for instance. He throws his little head back and opens his mouth wide and kind of moves side to side - but no sound comes out and his face sometimes turns really purple and his lips a little blue. He's now 14 months. Since he's always done this we've just kind of gotten used to it I guess. He...
yes - he is breastfed
Hi all, New to this forum - and I read the sticky about inflammed foreskins. It was very reassuring, but of course I still have to ask my question! Well, it's because in my son's case there is a little twist He was born with a "hooded foreskin" - his foreskin doesn't wrap around the head of his penis all the way and he has mild hypospadius. It hasn't been a problem at all - even though the ped wanted to see him circumcised, he admitted there was no medical reason...