or Connect

Posts by momea

I know I hardly ever post - and never here ... But I just had to - because I'm so happy! Been working so hard - following the anger threads, etc. - writing notes and really just getting all over myself all the time My dd is super stressed due to our move and one of the ways she manifests stress is to hurt me - like several times a day. And she doesn't just whack me - she gets totally crazy out of control and really just can't stop - it's often a total attack that...
Tom's of Maine also has a liquid non-flouridated toothpaste. I found it at Rite-Aid in the Pharmacy section. I like the liquid because, as another poster said, it takes forever to go through a tube and I would always end up throwing it away whenever one of the kids got sick. Seemed like a waste - now I just drop a bit on the brush and so I don't feel like I'm contaminating the whole tube. Eve
You could always have her join Brownies instead. That is the dumbest joke ever - it was really my husband's though (really!). We were kinda laughing as we visualized all these kids begging to go to Girl Scouts and Sunday school just so they could go nuts on the "snacks". It reminds me of a friend of mine who would fill her son's tippy cup with soda and call it juice!!
Hi mommanoname, I used to work for a women's health center at a teaching hospital - we took calls like this all the time. Desperate women who had no money for help. You need to get help. It's hard to do though when your resources are so tapped and you are worn down to the core like this. Here are some suggestions: 1. Have your husband read your post and the replys. 2. Have him do the legwork involved in getting you help. All the way down to setting up the...
Hey I can totally emphathize with you. I think it's just an age thing though. I mean the copying other children. My daughter is almost 4 and she does this kind of stuff all the time. With my daughter I think she "trys on" other kids just to feel what that would be like - she often wants to be called by other children's names, etc. And, she often copies other kids who are doing things she wouldn't normally do. I could totally see her do the exact! thing your daughter...
okay I just had to add one last thing ... sometimes when I'm real tired I get weirdly giddy. had a trying day this week but wore the kids clean out. yay! both sleeping so sound - i should be able to conk out too - right? but no - instead i have to act like a cuckoo bird. snorting and giggling in bed over something that wasn't even that funny. i woke the baby up of course. sometimes i worry that this ... state ... will last beyond these present sleepless...
Yes! We did - or I should say my husband did. We have a pillowtop matress too and I couldn't find a rail that seemed tall enough when my dd was a baby. You know how they love to push up on them and I didn't want her tipping over the top onto the floor! He used two 2x2s as top and bottom rails and cut more as slats to use inbetween (vertical slats like a crib). He used pegs to join the slats with the top and bottom rails. He attached three full length 2x2s to the...
Reading while waiting for the laundry to dry (now there's excitement!) and came across this: "... but my tiredness soon felt like such a gray and important tiredness. Was the gray of circles under all the eyes that ever longed to shut for good. The fatigue was so huge that no one night's sleep, no month of good nights' rest, could whittle one initial in it. It just sat there, on you." From a fictional women with 8 kids and about to bust with another. I guess...
Hi all, I'm not sure if I'm posting for support or advice. Or just a whine I'm just so tired. It makes me so undecisive and unaware and clogged with fatigue. Impatient and often downright bitchy. And I realized this morning at 4 am as I threatened to move my daughter into a different room, that this is just becoming who I am. I remember what a good mother I can be and just can't seem to reach that because I'm so tired or so angry about being so tired or...
My daughter Ellie is almost 4 and she's been going to the Y for swim lessons this summer. She really likes it and has been consistently excited about going. She really feels like she's learning to swim, wants to learn and likes the water. But she hates hates hates to dunk. It hurts her as the water almost always goes up her nose or chokes her and it scares her. Okay - the teachers are all young kids and I think they are taught to really coax the children to do things...