or Connect

Posts by momea

Hi Stacymom, Just wanted to post a quick reply because I think I know how you feel. I've been feeling not so close to my 3yo for awhile and it makes me sad. One thing I've found that helps me when I start getting uptight or, like you said, antagonistic (I hate that! why do I do that!?) is looking at her. Like really looking at her face and seeing HER. Good luck to you! & how are things going now? Eve
Quote: Originally Posted by oceanbaby Adults can be coughing, laughing too loud, talking too loud, fussing with noisy stuff in their purse, have cell phones ringing, etc., but if a baby dares to make a peep, everyone starts glaring. ... I doubt the lady at the church would have asked an adult who was coughing the whole time to leave because she couldn't hear. People don't have the courage to confront the others, even if they're sitting there...
thanks - i never post but this was unbelievable - thanks again Please withold your support of Home School Digest until they remove their advertisements for "The Rod". Hitting a child with a specially designed "rod" is sadistic and abusive. Having this advertisement in a homeschooling magazine just reinforces the popular opinion that those who choose to homeschool are religious nuts, and in this case, religious nuts who beat their children. Sincerely, Eve Bowers
I hope you get this - but my Title Nine catalog just came in the mail today and many different bras were described as just for larger breasted women and also one designed for women with large breasts and narrow waists. not just sports bras - they have an excellent return policy and even carry a nursing bra - great company - my 2 cents good luck http://www.title9sports.com/
sorry - don't have time to read what everyone else has to say but just wanted to reply quick ... my dd sounds sounds sooo much like yours! as a baby she had such a hard time getting to sleep and slept best when laying with me. she didn't take a nap on her own until she was about 18mo. While sitting with her was often tedious (and hard on my back and bum!), I would read and just enjoy her closeness. I swear I can still feel her sweaty little head on my arm and smell...
you said you live in a wealthy neighborhood so i'm assuming you have $ for stuff like this - what's your climate like? pool trampoline air hockey pool table awesome fort pool we had a pool, not even in ground - i think it cost $500 - but it was worth it to my mom because it kept us home - even as teens. good luck
hopefully we will be going home (where there is hs) because continuity of community is so important to me - that's one of our top 3 reasons for choosing waldorf nursery - because we can hopefully move her into grades with the same school and many of the same kids. but ... really wanted child led education - i don't like the authoritarian feel of waldorf sometimes ... thanks for letting me think out loud - it's an important and complicated decision - seems everything is...
hopefully we will be going home (where there is hs) because continuity of community is so important to me - that's one of our top 3 reasons for choosing waldorf nursery - because we can hopefully move her into grades with the same school and many of the same kids. but ... really wanted child led education - i don't like the authoritarian feel of waldorf sometimes ... thanks for letting me think out loud - it's an important and complicated decision - seems everything is...
once when she was two my dd nailed me on the bridge of my nose w a cup and put another bruise on my forhead with a spade. our newish neighbor was all concerned about it and she told me months later, when she knew us better, that she had suspected spousal abuse! my dd really is great - but's it's just hard to live w someone who hurts you. not to hold a grudge, be loving even when i'm mad, etc. i've swatted her 2x - each time because she's hurt me bad - it was...
I knew someone who called it the "hairy eyeball"