or Connect

Posts by momuveight2B

I may be the harda$$ here but I have three adult children who are doing reasonably well now. It was a hard road to say the least. We helped them to move out at eighteen. One we literally rented a place, packed and moved all of her stuff and delivered her there. I was so mad the week before her 18th birthday I had her dad come pick her up and he moved her to a hotel for that week because he didn't want her in his house. She lived in that apartment for her senior...
Quote: Originally Posted by angela&avery OH and once they can stand, you HAVE to master the art of changing them standing up!!! Especially pee diapers... so much easier!!!! I did this all the time with my twins and used cloth LOL. Still it was easier because they never wanted to be laid down after a certain point and would hang on to me while I changed them. I would have both done in about thrity seconds flat! I can change a diaper...
I have no idea and we have several kids with special needs. Each time I thought a situation was going to break us we had to get through it first KWIM. There wasn't any time to take a break or think of leaving. We needed each other too much. Really, my partner is the only person I can count on 100% to help me. With the exception of his work obligations he is always here to take up the slack. Neither one of us is perfect but we are dependable and committed. We aren't...
Let's say you just got an inheritance, how would you spend it? Homes are not selling at all in our area and it may take several years before they will. By the time we can sell our current home all of the children might be too old to have spent thier childhood on a farm raising animals. The whole family has been wanting this for several years but we never could afford it until now.
My baby will be ten months next week and I think I have put this kind of behind me or else I am too busy to think about it. We were expecting a healthy term baby. I had been seeing peris and they told me everything was perfect, quote "the health of this baby has never been in question". I had a wonderful delivery at our small hospital with a family doc friend because the peris released me cause baby was supposedly going to be fine. He was nine pounds and an easy...
I really appreciate all the thoughtful answers here. MDC mamas rock
Quote: Originally Posted by lightheart we refuse all therpies in our home and the reaon I give is that with everything going on in little guy's life I want him to feel completly at ease and safe from the poking, proding, and testing in his own home. it. I think that is really good. I really agree home should be a safe place from any kind of stress or medical treatment.
Quote: Originally Posted by RunnerDuck no input on refusing services but the geneticist we are seeing is at stanford - are you in the area or is that one of your out of state visits? We are in the Reno area. We did see a geneticist there at the Down Syndrome Clinic. I don't recall her name, maybe Leah, she was very nice. I have a neighbor who goes to Stanford too each month. There is a huge difference in their level of training and what...
The pediatricians are in complete agreement with me. We actually have a general practice pediatrician who follows his routine care and then a pediatric GI consultant who has been over backwards to get us to the specility clinics at Stanford. We have to travel out of state to see the appropriate people at times and others are in our community. I think it is a good idea to write a letter to EI and document that we are continuing to recieve services privately. We...
I have not been impressed with EI at all in our community. We have excellent insurance coverage that has allowed us to see the best professionals we can get to privately. We are tired of juggling the EI people who can not offer therapies at the frequency we need or coordinate with the other professionals. We are not impressed with the preschool that we would transfer to at age three either through the public school system. I really think my child would do better at...