or Connect

Posts by calbury

My baby stopped nursing altogether 5 months ago. Over the last couple of weeks I've noticed soreness in one breast - I don't feel any lumps or anything, but it feels sore if I lean on it (I notice it most when I hug my children). The pain reminds me a little of the pain I experienced with a blocked milk duct when nursing. This is my fifth child and I've never experienced any pain before after weaning - has anyone else experienced any discomfort so long after weaning?
The ONLY thing that worked for me was to apply heat to the area and to apply STEADY, CONTINUOUS pressure to the sore spot when nursing. This method worked the first time I used it.
Thank you - I didn't realize they existed but will check them out
I'm strongly considering using the Sonlight core 100 for my 15 year old daughter. We're both new to homeschooling and I would love to receive feedback from others who have used this program about its suitability for high school. I'd also appreciate any links to resources for help in preparing a homemade transcript. Thank you
Thanks - I'll do that
Thank you so much for your replies. My daughter and I are putting together an email to send to all the schools offering the degree course she needs (she want to be a pharmacist). Has anyone here used Sonlight? I'd love to hear their opinions about it and whether it covers subjects in enough depth for this stage of her education. I've been looking at the core 100 to start.
I have a bit of a unique situation. I've never homeschooled before, but my eldest daughter (15) has had problems at her regular school that have made home-schooling a 'must' (long story). She is 15 years old, we live in the Bahamas (there are no regulations here re homeschooling). I am British, my daughter is a citizen of both the UK and the Bahamas. I have spent many hours researching our homeschooling options, but there are some things that confuse me! I have found a...
Thanks so much for all your replies, they've been really helpful in writing my article.
I'm currently researching the 'rules' regarding introducing solids to a premature baby for my baby food website. I understand that parents are often giving conflicting advice re when to start (adjusted age vs actual age, for example). I'm hoping to include a page on my site which brings together the advice and experiences of parents who have been through this, in order to help others who are trying to make an informed decision about how and when to start. If you have a...
Someone just gave me one, but it has no instructions. Evenflo can't send me the manual because I live in the Bahamas - does anyone have the manual for this? Thanks