or Connect

Posts by confustication

Quote: Originally Posted by kriket I am kinda surprised the number of people saying they put their under 2 crowd in speech therapy. Early intervention is incredibly important and there has been a growing awareness regarding the importance of helping kids sooner rather than later.
Grocery shopping all done- that was about the extent of my morning. Made pizza for lunch and let the kids top them as they wanted. Yum. Now, off to clean. To Do: Fold Laundry Stop procrastinating about folding laundry FOLD THE LAUNDRY scrub bathtub mop dd's room sweep chimney so I can get the woodstove going. Yay! make chili for dinner make bread to go with chili
Bathroom clean and bed remade after washing linens for the second day in a row (waking up to a child vomiting ON you is No Fun At All!). Kitchen clean and dishes away- dinner prep mostly done, I just have to toss it together later on. That sounds impressive, until you realize I'm making wilted spinach salad for dinner, and that is all.. lol. Yum! Now- 30 minute nap on couch while the boys have quiet time...
I have a few food splurges- good salt, pepper, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar- So when I noticed that my balsamic had begun to grow, I was less than pleased. I store it as I am 'supposed to' yet still, it has a film and stuff growing on top of it. Where have I gone wrong, and how can I prevent this in the future? I wouldn't mind if it was the cheapie white vinegar, but I really like my balsamic, and it costs more!
DS is 27 months, and still largely non-verbal. He is involved with EI, and has speech as well as a couple other therapies (usually co-treating with speech). Based on the description you have given, I would suggest an evaluation, you are likely to see a language explosion, but in the meantime you could be losing very important months if there is something larger going on. Oh and Quote: hildare no words of advice, just a hug and a book...
Hot water back, and I started some laundry and will finish cleaning the bathroom when I make headway on the laundry. I need to fold/put away, but I've been lazy about it.
Our mice are getting in through gaps around the plumbing. I steel-wooled myself yesterday afternoon. Happily, I think it's all fixed up now. I'm planning on leaving the humane traps out for a couple weeks though. (If we had a major infestation, I would resort to snap traps, but I'm hoping not to have to kill anything (yes, I'm a wimp.) The baby mouse found yesterday is still alive, and the bait in the trap was snacked on, but the trap wasn't triggered. Still...
Quote: Originally Posted by midnightmommy Now we have a friend with kids 13 months apart, and holding them both is just not a option. I would most definitely have a harness then. Mine are 14 months apart, and DH isn't around for a bit. I picked one up last week. I'm letting DS 1 wear it around the house just for fun, and hopefully he will not mind using it in public. He is two, but does not understand that he can't run off in parking lots...
Kitchen rearranged and clean living room picked up- still needs to be vacuumed laundry/linens mid wash/dry cycle I think I'll arrange a date with the tv to do some folding tonight I need to clean the bathroom and my bedroom and mop the floors, some of that may or may not happen today.
Derailed!!!! I started to tackle the kitchen- and wanted to move the large chest freezer to a different location so I could reclaim a couple cupboards it had been blocking off..... Freezer moved... check Opened cupboard I had believed empty.... and... no. Inside the cupboard was a bag of wheat that had been used for crafts. I'd asked DH to take it outside to store and he had assured me that he had 'taken care of it.' Well, tucking it into an empty cupboard was...