or Connect

Posts by Greg B

My guess would be to look for statistics in countries that accept intact men as the norm.  That happens to be most countries, but make sure it is a country where that has been in effect for several generations, of course.  I do not have any links specific to the general question being asked, however, this starts to get at it in part:   http://www.circumstitions.com/Cancer.html   Anything requiring circumcision later in life is very rare.  To amputate healthy tissue,...
I think you should think carefully about your plan. It is deceitful to have a hidden agenda and to lie about why you want her to be there. If this will be your strategy, it suggests that you need better communication skills and to have this issue better discussed before you get married. While I cannot do anything about you having that discussion, I can point you to a great resource in...
Why does she think violating a child's human rights and dramatically diminishing his sexual pleasure, not to mention his future partner(s)', is the best choice?   If all she can do is say she does not believe the reports and resources you send, then it sounds like she is being irrational.  Does she provide references for her assertion(s) that it is best to circumcise?   In my view, someone needs to do a lot more than simply say I don't believe that.  they need to...
And, given all of that information, it is very understandable that he would feel that way. And the need to conform to norms in society or a portion of society is strong. We are human, after all.But as my parent's used to say, juast because someone else is doing it, doesn't make it right. And an OB is a poor source for statisitical information. He lis very likely biased, and we humans are biased to cherry pick information. And our society is highly biased, so we do not...
I would argue that your husband has to do a lot more than say it will be done. He has to give a solid reason why. He needs to make a rational argument that RIC is the better choice for your son. He has to show why cutting off a healty body part that is highly valuable for sexual pleasure and function, for both your son and his future partner(s) is outweighed by some benefit. He has to show why doing it now, is better than waiting until your son is old enough to make...
Here are some great resources that you can show her:   http://blog.practicalethics.ox.ac.uk/2012/08/the-aap-report-on-circumcision-bad-science-bad-ethics-bad-medicine/   http://circumcisiondecisionmaker.com/   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ceht-3xu84I   You might also remind her it should not be her, or her husband's decision.  It should be their son's decision what to do with his body, unless there is a pressing medical need to circumcise right now.   In fact,...
Betty Dodson with Carlin Ross have a new video podacst on the benefits of foreskin. Since so muc fear mongering and misinformation that is typicllay presented minimizes any benefits that a foreskin may have, or calls into question any benefits, I think this is an excellent video to watch. hxxp://dodsonandross.com/videopodcast/benefits-foreskin Regards
You are welcome. I am glad I could hlep to clarify some ways to think about this issue.You did what you could. We cannot force our views on other parents...Regards
I respectfully disagree. This is one of the problems with the way people present and think through this issue. It is not the parent's penis to decide, if it were, then it would be a personal choice and the owner of the penis, when old enough to make the decision, could make that personal choice.It is their son's penis. He is the only one that can make that personal choice, because it is his penis.In the case of RIC, parent's are acting in a limited capacity as surrogate...
If his primary issue is the looks and how that will affect his son, here are a few ways to apporach it:If RIC having a difference is so much of a problem, how in the world did it ever become common? The first few circumcised men must have had an awful time back when the norm was intact...RIC is not that common these days, so his son will have many intact and circumcised peers...Does he think violating his son's human rights is outweighed by what he specualtes his son will...