or Connect

Posts by Greg B

Yes.   Perfectly normal.  There is wide variation in when foreskin seperation occurs, how tight the opening is, what age changes occur.  Nothing to worry about.   Regards
Here is a great read.  While it i sfocused on debunking the AAP statement, it is so comprehensive that it is well worth reading.   http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2013/03/16/10539181/JME%20AAP%20Article%20Final%20Approved%20Proof%203-12-13.pdf   Regards
  You could try sending her these, to give her more info to ponder.  The first is written by doctors, so if she is one who likes authoritative materials, it could work:   http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcision.org/pdf/DOC_trifold_brochure.pdf   This next is an on-line decision support tool that she can browse:   http://circumcisiondecisionmaker.com/   And the last is a well done video on the subject by someone with some...
  You should be aware that the very same arguments are used to justify female circumcision.  You can go down the points one by one and find they are the same.  And have the same level of support.    The benefits per the CDC are not widely accepted.  However, even if you accept that they benefits are there, that is not all you have to do to make a good decision.  Instead, you need to weigh those benefits against the negative consequences.  It is not enough to say there is...
  Sorry to disappoint, I am not a lawyer.  Instead I am a scientist and the son of an engineer.  And recently I have spent considerable time learning and applying decision analyis tools to my work and personal life.   More importantly, I have spent a lot of time over the last 12 years reading and thinking about this issue.  Hopefully I have been able to articulate and frame the discussions well, so that they are easier to understand for everyone.  The thing is, once you...
  Totally unsupportable reason.  Using this argument simply confirms that he is being emotional about something that happened to him that he has not yet figured out how to deal with.  You do not need to do anymore than work throught this fallcious argument with your husband.   Take the argument a little further and you can easily see how it falls apart.  Say you DH has a beard.  What does he propose to do so that his son looks like him?  Glue a beard on your infant son? ...
Excellent!   Best wishes
My intact sons had red foreskins and penises from time to time as infants.  No biggie, just treat as was already said.  Rashes occur when you keep someone in diapers.    Regards
There is a lot of misleading information out there in support of circumcsion to reduce HIV.  But if you think it through, even accepting the African studies as true, the decision to circumcise is a bad one.   Look at it from the value based decision making stand point.  We value reducing HIV.  We also value human rights, the right to bodily integrity, the right to have a fulfilling sex life, minimizing pain and suffering.  We must, if we are to make a good decision,...
They may not fully retract until puberty.  There is great variation in when foreskins can retract.   Even if they do not retract when they are adults, they may not find it a problem.  I think I read that about half the men with unretractable foreskins do not find that a problem.    If they feel that is a problem when they are an adult, then there are stretching excercises that can correct this.  If the excersizes are not sufficient, then there are steroid creams...